TWENTY ONE

Harry's POV

"I'm so sorry." I knew how this apology meant nothing after such a long time of not knowing, no apologies and no anything. He might be too polluted with hatred and darkness to even accept it.

"You should have said that when you could. You could have said something to help me. It's too late. Look at what you've done."

I prepared myself for whatever I was going to see become to Rylie. I was ready to compare between how beautiful he used to look like and how ruined he would look like now.

A click was heard and a tiny lightbulb in the middle of the room lit up after much flickering. My eyes began adjusting to the dim lighting. I saw Louis struggling opposite me with Professor Smith lying unconcious on his lap. Louis was saying something but it was muffled by the cloth over his mouth. I frowned. I could feel breathing behind my head. I didn't turn around. Footsteps were gradually heard making its way next to me...

Then, there he stood in the light. His face so damaged: cuts and bruises scattered all over it, wings so ruined: black feathers threatening to fall off and his clothes torn and ragged.

"Do you see what you have done?" His voice sounded so hurt. I saw his eyes glistening. He was going to cry. His eyebags are horrifically obvious and so is the darkness gradually growing in them. Literal darkness, revealing every now and then.

"I shouldn't have done it... I'm so sorry, Rylie..." I sounded like I was begging. I really was. However, seeing how bad Rylie looked like, I felt like I deserved it for being the coward I was.

He laughed maniacally. "Really? Apolosing again? You know I will never forgive you." He began glancing around with a grin on his face. "Look around you... Don't you remember this place?"

I gingerly turned my head to look around. Nothing was coming back.

"Doesn't this ring a bell?" He took a deep breath. "Oh, the sweet metallic smell of blood." He glared at me. "Your blood and your sweet little girlfriend's."

"What do you mean?"

"Your soul was partly taken from here. You almost died but you just landed in coma for a day or two before passing away." He smirked. "I'll make sure you die this time."

In a blink of an eye, he appeared before me, arm outstretched. His hand gripped onto my throat.

So this is what it feels when you are about to die. You regret everything as your life flashes before your eyes. Nothing could stop this now.

Nothing...

Taylor's POV

Kenneth kicked the door open. I pushed my way before the others and into the familiar room where Rachel had brought us for "some fun".

"RYLIE!" I screamed as soon as I saw him strangling Harry who wasn't making much effort from escaping. I ran forward. Rylie turned to face me and he raised the other hand up which seemed to have lifted me up from the ground. I couldn't move but I could still talk.

"Let Harry go... Please..." I begged. I was on the verge of crying. I didn't want to see Harry die again. Not in front of my eyes.

"Too bad your boyfriend here did something which he now regrets. Isn't that a little too late?" Rylie's eyes had turned black. That wasn't a good sign.

"We can't remember what we did when we were angels."

"He could have apologised when he had the chance to!" His grip on Harry's throat tightened.

"L... Let... Her... G... Go...." Harry managed to say.

"Oh. Looks like I should do the opposite then." He let go of Harry and had his two hands raised up. I was lifted higher off the ground. Then, I was threw to a side. Pain stung my right arm. Instinctively, my left hand was covering where it hurt.

Rylie had a smirk on his face as he made his way towards me. I kept moving as far back as I could away from him.

"NO!" Harry yelled. I could see him struggling to get out of the ropes tied to his arms and legs. But Kenneth beat him to it by throwing a board he found on the side of the door at Rylie's back.

Rylie's attention was diverted to Kenneth. He raised his hand which lifted Kenneth up. Then, he squeezed it. I could hear the clear sound of bones cracking.

"KENNETH!" I cried. I tried my best to push myself up to stand up. Rylie dropped Kenneth to the ground as Natalie rushed forward, an arm under the back of his neck and another over his chest.

Rylie turned back to me. His eyes were as black as ever. He had turned into a demon himself because of all the hatred he had harboured and all the evil he had summoned and done. A demon that cannot be stopped.

He stepped onto my right arm to make the wound hurt even more and to make me yell in pain. He laughed, enjoying it a lot more than anyone else in the room is. He bent down and gripped onto my throat. I gasped for air. I began clawing on his arm but it didn't work.

Nothing was going to work.

I was going to die.

-

1989 IS EFFING PERFECTION OH MY GAWD I CAN LISTEN TO IT ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT CRI

thank you guys so much for the cute little comments written in the previous chapter. it's so sweet for you guys to compliment my writing skills. i always think the words i use and my plots are too cliche lol ilyasm♡

vote.comment.follow

Instagram:
@wcndrland

Twitter:
@unnxticed