Vilkas x Reader

Requested by TheSarcasticRed

I was training hard with Vilkas. He swung his sword right, I jumped right and thought he was going to swing it left, but he got me. I regained my balance, then swung my sword above him, but he blocked and whirled his sword around, trying to get my legs, I tried to jump but was too late. I got hit hard, and I winced. 

"Do you want to stop here? I don't want you to get hurt badly." I shook my head. 

"No, give me your all." He shrugged and muttered, "your loss" under his breath. He swung quickly at my neck, and I quickly tried jumping, but he got me. I nearly screamed out in pain, but denied it. I swung hard at him, and only managed to give him what looked like a paper cut. He laughed.

"That was your best?" His accent was thick. I growled and tried hitting him again, only to be grabbed by my shirt and shoved down, a foot holding me down and a sword tip rest on my chest where my heart is.

"Dead." He said in a monotone voice. I laid flat, my arms out. 

"Okay, okay, I get it, I suck." I said. I tried to push the sword away, but cut myself, screeching a little. Vilkas dropped his sword and helped me stand.

"I'll take care of your wounds. Oh, and just so you know, you don't suck at sword fighting. I mean, you did give me quite the paper cut wound...with a steel sword." He laughed. I frowned.

"Stop making fun of me." I whined. He playfully punched my arm, making me fall.

"MY LEGS HURT MAN STOP AND MY ARM IS KILLING ME." He helped me up and helped me walk to his room. He sat me down on his bed, now seeing how much blood has gotten on his armor.

"Are you ok- Y/n?!" I passed out due to blood loss. He gently lay me on his pillows and blankets, then removed my armor to find me wearing a bloodied tank top and shorts. He saw the tank top was torn, revealing a large sword wound.

"Dang it,...I told you I didn't want to hurt you too badly..." He quickly grabbed some healing herbs and grinding them and putting them in my wounds to help heal. I winced and groaned, feeling the sudden pain. Vilkas grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"You're going to be okay." He reassured. I opened my eyes, crying a little. He quickly hugged me, crying.

"I'm sorry,...I'm sorry,...I'm sorry,..." He sobbed into my shoulder.  I hugged him back, then winced.

"Ow, ow ow, ouch!!!" I screeched. He realized the herbs didn't stop the bleeding.  He quickly grabbed a cloth and wrapped it around my injury. I whimpered, but Vilkas got close to my face, making me look at him.

"Don't worry,...don't worry....you're okay" I cried and calmed down when I felt Vilkas stroke my hair.

"I'm sorry,..I shouldn't have gone too harsh on you. I should have stopped-" I stopped him when I placed my lips on his real quick. He froze, his mouth open a bit in shock. A slight red blush dusted his face. His gorgeous eyes were widened.

"Y-..Y-...Y/n..." He stuttered. I blushed quickly and looked way, my hair falling in front of my eyes.

"I shouldn't have done that...I'm sorry..." Vilkas made me face him and smiled.

"Don't worry,...I kind of liked it." My face turned a little red and I grinned.

~

A week after recovery, I smirked as I firmly grasped ((FIRMLY GRASP IT)) my steel sword in my wrapped hands. I felt determined, confident, and sly...Maybe this will be my lucky day?

I swung hard at Vilkas, actually hitting him hard. I cheered and grinned. He swung at me, and I dodged, but fell in a mud puddle. I got up and smirked.

"That's all you got, my friend?" I asked. He smirked, making my face heat up.

"Oh, believe me..." He got close to me, "I can hit you right now and injure you just like last week. Try me..." My face heated up more, and I laughed in excitement and swung at him, hitting him harder than before. He staggered back, and smiled.

"Now you're getting it." He told me, running at me with his sword up and ready to hit. I jumped out of the way, but got hit. I fell back a little, but found my footing. I whirled around my sword, then hit him in the chest, making him fall in the puddle. I pinned him down with my foot, and rested the sword over his heart, repeating his words from before, "Dead".

"You got me." I allowed him to stand and he flicked mud at me. I flinched and we both went inside.

"You gave me quite the hit... my chest hurts."

"I hope I didn't break anything." He laughed.

"Me? Broken bones? Oh, you don't know how strong I am." I playfully hit him.

817 words