Prologue

It's been two years since I wanted to go on this trip. And finally, here I am. Incheon Airport, Seoul, South Korea.

As I set foot on this foreign land, a fresh feeling of excitement wash over me. A familiar one that arises every time I visit a different place in the world.

When I enter the airport building I look around: the architecture is modern and clean, unlike what I'm used to see back home. One of many things that attracted me was the cutting-edge technology that reflects on the urbanism of the city with its skyscrapers, big commercial screens and neon signs. A contemporary metropolis. I'm from an average city of Italy, neither Milan nor Rome, and this is a very different panorama.

I walk onwards to the check-out where the female employee asks me if my visit is for work or pleasure. She speaks in English and I can't but smile in my head at the accent.

"For pleasure" I answer, anticipating what I hope will be this trip.

She lets me through wishing me a nice stay.

I head to the luggage belt. The first luggage arrives. One minute passes... Five minutes pass... After ten minutes still no sign of mine.

I start biting the cuticles of my right thumb, I know all too well how unlucky I can be... my luggage is lost. But I decide to wait a little more and a big sigh of relief echoes when I spot my chocolate coloured travels companion. I lift the pull-out handle and walk towards the exit.

A familiar and pleasant tingling erupts in my stomach, the excitement for this long-awaited trip.

Who knows what awaits me on the other side of those sliding doors.

{🍬:

The story begins.

Thank you for reading!

💓}