4 - Sightseeing

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I could simply hear you".

Great. Now? I can't just tell him I want to stay with him... can I?

I gather some courage and I admit it. "Actually, that was a lie. I'd like to stay some more. I'm enjoying the time with you; you're very approachable, you know? But I figured I couldn't just tell her about you".

His eyes widened a fraction and he looks at me for a moment, genuinely surprised of my frank admission. Then a smug appears on his mouth. "Well then, you like my company".

My heart skips a beat as I stutter, "Well... yes... anyway... if you have to go, it's okay".

"I want to, actually", he admits.

Perfect, now I've made myself a stupid.

"... Do you want to go with me?" He adds.

The unpleasant sensations in my stach shifts into the one of butterflies. Incapable of voicing anything I stand there staring at him.

"You said you have arrived today. I can show you a few places, if you want". He giggles, probably looking at my startled expression.

After some moments of recollecting my thoughts I agree, "Yes, I'd like that very much".

"Well then, let's go". He walks over to the door, opens it and waits for me to step back into the club.

Am I being too hasty? Am I getting myself into trouble? Really, I don't know him. But he is a public figure, and I truly don't think he's a bad person.

When we reach the main room he turns to me and speaks in my ear, "I'm gonna inform the hyungs I'm leaving. Wait here, all right?"

His breath tickles my skin, a flush spreads on my face, heart pounding hard again. When I realize he's waiting for my answer I nod.

Seriously, now?

><><><

We're now in his car, on our way to a place he wants to show me.

For all the duration of the drive I don't know what to say but I especially keep searching in my head for an explanation for all of this.

Does this mean he likes my company too? Can I think that?

I peek at him only to see a quiet expression on his face. That face... I just want to immerge myself in those splendid features.

I shake my head and come back to my senses before turning my gaze outside of the window. He's parking.

We hop off the car and I follow him at the foot of a path that unrolls up a hill. It seems old.

We start our walk up as he delights me with the history of this place: the Seoul Fortress and its walls

We start our walk up as he delights me with the history of this place: the Seoul Fortress and its walls. Telling me about its creation, its uses, what's left of it and its meaning.