It's Just Show Business

Y/N P.O.V.

"Okay, so what class do I have next? I can't read this confusing schedule." I ask 35, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"Hm, you're going to Mechanics, so you have Mrs. Pelerine," 35 explains. "I'll be in Physics, it's right next to Mechanics."

"Okay," I blink at my schedule, trying to read it and get the information she had got. I couldn't.

"Well, I'll see you at lunch, my dude," she says and goes in the Physics classroom.

I rush into Mechanics. It turns out, I was the first student to get into the classroom. The teacher looked toward me, she had short brown hair.

"Good morning," She says in greeting.

"Morning," I respond. "I have a question."

"What is it?" she looks up.

"I heard there was a Mechanics Club, I was wondering how I could sign up," I inform her.

"You're in," she says dismissively.

"Don't I have to like, I don't know, build some kind of model first?" I ask.

"I've seen your academic scores, you're good," she responds. "Now, sit down Miss L/N."

I obey and sit at a desk in the back. I get in a comfortable position and stare out the window as the other students file in.

~time skip~

The class had just ended and we were all filing out of the room. I was walking to meet 35 outside Physics when someone pushes me against the wall. I turn to face a black-haired girl, with icy blue eyes that glare at me with a hate I'm sure I don't deserve. She has a small posse behind her.

"You're the new girl, huh?" she asks.

"Yes," I say boldly. "Who wants to know?" I level her stare.

"You aren't as impressive as I heard," she snorts.

"Boo-hoo, that's sad," I respond snarkily.

"You really don't know anything, do you?" she hisses. "You don't talk back to me." She raises her hand like she's going to hit me, I close my eyes and look away. Waiting for the sharp pain of a hard slap. I feel the heat of her hand getting close to my face, but then someone shouts,

"Cut!"
"What?" She says. "Who said that?" The girl look furiously at the people around us. No one said a thing. "That's what I thought."

"Cut!" A voice shouted once again. "You have it all wrong!" I turn to see the lanky, crazy haired boy from before, except now I could see his deep brown eyes. He has a rolled up piece of paper in his hands, using it as a megaphone. When I look at him I get a feeling of excitement and dread all at the same time.
"Excuse me?" The girl asked facing the boy.
"I said, 'Cut! You have it all wrong!' Oh, and you know what else, you're fired!" The boy says happily.
"What are you talking about, Valdez?" She looked at the odd boy.
"It's just show business, Betsy(if that's your name, then her name is Abigail)," he says, grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the group.
"So your name is Valdez?" I ask.
"My last name, yeah, my first name is Leo," he responded.
"Well then, thank you, Leo Valdez," I say to him.
"Your welcome..." he looks at me as if trying to guess my name.
I laugh, "Y/N L/N,"
"Your welcome, L/N," he smiles, a bad boy smile that would make any girls heart flutter.
I look down and realize he's still holding my hand. He seems to realize this to and drops it immediately, making it fall to my side.
"Uh, see you around, Valdez?" I said, unsure.
"Yeah, see you around, Y/N," he smiles, his hands shoved awkwardly in his jean pockets.
I smile back and then walk off to meet 35, not even noticing the slight blush that now rested on my cheeks.