Valdez in the window

Y/N P.O.V.

I insert my key in the door of room thirty-five and open it quietly. I close it behind me, I sit there for a moment, leaning against it. Registering what had just happened. I sigh and walk into the kitchen, to see 35 at the table, dunking a loaf of bread into a bunch of ketchup. 

"Hia," She says looking up from her ketchup bread. "Where've you been?"

"I don't even know," I say. "Last time I checked, Leo Valdez just saved my butt and now I'm here."

"Wow, Leo Valdez helped you? Let me guess in some idiotic and bizarre way you didn't understand?" 35 asks taking a bite of bread and then dipping it in more ketchup. 

"Yeah, actually," I say. "How'd you know?" 

"Leo's been at this even longer than me," she says. "Everyone knows about him. He's a real troublemaker."

"Really?" I ask her. "Sounds like we could be friends."

"What have you ever done that would be considered you a troublemaker?" 35 asks curiously.

"Did you enjoy the surprise that somehow ended up in your shoe this morning?" I grin evilly. 

"The permanent paint? No- wait, you're good." 35 realizes, I just nod. 

"I'm gonna go into my bedroom and study for my Mechanics test," I inform her.

"Oki Doki," she says, closing her eyes contently as she ate her bread.

I walk into my bedroom, I sigh and flop onto my bed. Thinking of Leo Valdez. Something about him had confused me, yet something about him had totally made sense to me. He was like an old machine, for example, some parts are newer and work better, but the old and new parts don't always work in sync. Suddenly, I hear a loud banging noise from my window. I look over to see the most concerning thing. Leo Valdez was knocking nonstop on my window. I rush over and wrench it open.

"What the heck are you doing, Valdez?" I shout, but his hand flies to my mouth.

"Quiet," He hisses. 

I mumble, "The heck, Valdez," 

"Listen, I helped you before, now it's your turn to help me," he insists. "Now let me in!"

"Fine, but you owe me one and I get an explanation for all of this." I push.

"Okay, okay, Y/N, just let me in," Leo agrees.

I put out a hand and he takes it firmly. I pull him in through the window and stumble back as his feet hit the ground. He grabs me just before I fall, helps me to my feet, next thing I know our faces are barely a centimeter apart. I pull away.

"Um, explanation?" I say, sitting back on the bed. 

"Oh, uh, right, my friend was trying to kill me," he mumbles.

"What great friends you have," I snort. 

Leo smiles, "You have a nice laugh." 

"Huh?" I say, pretending I hadn't heard. 

"Nothing," He blushes. 

"Oh, okay," I dismiss the subject.  

"Oh noes," I hear a voice say.

"35?" I ask.

"Ah! They're in the same room, spare me the green hair dye!" 35 yelps, slamming the door shut.

"What was that about?" Leo smirks. 

"Just a small prank I played on her this morning," I shrug. "I told her the paint will wear off eventually." 

"Out of all people, I chose to be saved by an evil genius," Leo says, but he's smiling brightly.

"Nah, I just scare her for some reason, she over exaggerates my evilness."

"For some reason?" he asks.

"Okay, maybe I dyed her foot pink. That's not that bad,"

Leo grinned, "You're trouble, I like that." 

"Right back at you," I say.

"Well, as much as I've enoyed this, I gotta go," he tells me. "See you at Mechanics Club?"

"Yeah," I say after a moment. "I'd like that."

He salutes with a grin, then climbs back out my window.

"Adios, Valdez," 

"Adios, Y/N," then as suddenly as he had come, he was gone.