Chapter II

A/N: I researched albinism while coming up with Miles and - while I'm probably not 100% right - I learned that some people who are albino tend to tilt their head to try and stop their eyes from twitching so badly. I wanted you guys to know so people didn't wonder why he constantly tilted his head
------------------------------------------------------

An irritating, repetitive beeping was what welcomed Miles back into the world of consciousness on Monday morning. Scowling and grumbling, the albino boy slammed his hand onto the alarm's snooze button. It gave him five more minutes of peace before pissing him off again. Letting out a groan, Miles sat up, jerkily unplugging the insufferable machine. He didn't care that he would have to reset the time and the alarm when he got home, he was too tired and grumpy to.

Huffing, the bony boy climbed out of the warm and soft bed, omitting a little whine at having to do so. Miles has never been and never will be a 'morning person'. The bad thing was, his mother loved mornings. If you couldn't tell, the two tried to aviod each other early in the mornings so they wouldn't clash. It had happened before and it wasn't pretty for anyone. Shuffling around, Miles haphazardly grabbed the uniform his mother bought him, stripped his legs of his sweatpants and threw the clothes on.

The shirt wasn't tucked in, the tie wasn't on, and at least two buttons were still unbuttoned near his collar, but Miles was still only half awake and he still had the time before having to fix all of that. After running a comb through the rats nest he called hair, Miles moved downstairs. He sent a wave to his mother, who nodded back mutely, knowing her cheery morning attitude would just make her son grumpier.

While Miles made his tea, bread was being warmed into toast in the toaster. He could never eat a big breakfast so early, but to please his mother, he ate two pieces of toast in days he had to get up way before he usually would. Hearing the kettle whistle, Miles quickly took it off the burner and poured the hot water into a water bottle and put the tea packets in. He swore he heard his mother snort when he added way too much creamer and sweetened chocolate powder, but decided to say nothing.

What? He needed the caffine but hated coffee and plain tea didn't do much for him. I guess you could count it as more of a sugar high than a caffine high, but Miles didn't care, he lived on the concoction now. Glancing at the time, Miles plucked up his toast, his tea and gave his mother a kiss on the forehead before going back to his room to fix his uniform, brush his teeth and grab his stuff.

About ten to fifteen minutes later, Miles was leaving the house to go into one of the cars that him and his mother rode around in. It wasn't the limo from last time, but Miles preferred it that way. The drive didn't last long and soon enough, Miles was getting out of the car, thanking the driver, pulling on his headphones and walking into the ginormous school. Here goes nothing.

His first class was Biology Honors, then World History Honors, Music, Foreign Language II Honors, Business and finally Dance. At least, for that day, the next day would follow a similar schedule, except Dance would be replaced with Math III Honors. Miles' first day went smoothly, though it was tiring having to repeatedly introduce himself in front of strangers who all seemed to be giving him the stink-eye. When lunch came around, he had never been happier for a moment of peace. No one usually talked to the new kid with headphones on.

At least, that's what he thought. Until two ginger twins invaded his alone time and pulled off his headphones. "So you're the new kid, huh?" The one on Miles' left asked. Miles nodded, snatching back his headphones. "Yes, why?" "Well, we were just wondering--" "Since you're new and stuff--" "If you'd be interested in joining any clubs?" The two switched every other sentence between them, making Miles' head spin and his frustration spike. "No, go away" The refusal was quick and the action of putting his headphones back on indicated a further dismissal of the two teens.

The two pouted before going back to their table, where four other boys and a girl sat waiting for them. "Sorry boss, but he refused right off the bat" The two said in unison, both looking down in shame that they couldn't get the boy to talk longer so they could convince him to join the Host Club. The tall blonde they spoke to, a boy called Tamaki Suho, sighed gently. "It's alright boys, you tried. We'll just have to figure out some other way of getting him in the club"

Haruhi sighed at her boyfriend - the two had gotten together last year after her first year of being a host. "Or, you could leave the poor boy alone, if he doesn't want to join, then you shouldn't force him" Tamaki looked over at the small girl and smirked. "But Daddy always gets what he wants, and right now, Daddy wants the new student in the Host Club" Haruhi scowled and rolled her eyes, her boyfriend - although sweet at times - was still slightly spoiled.

"Whatever, just don't trap him in like you did me, okay?" Tamaki waved his girlfriend off, a playful smile on his face. His purple eyes focused back onto the pale boy sitting alone. "Hey, Kyoya?" The owner of the name looked up from his notebook. "Yes?" Tamaki looked over to him, a slim eyebrow raised. "What have you found on the new kid?" Kyoya sighed, adjusting his glasses and grabbing his tablet.

"His name is Miles Dontire, he was born in Kanazawa, Japan and lived there for three years with his mother, Min-Lee Dontire. The woman is an award winning book writer and got pregnant with her son at 22 years old. After spending her pregnancy and Miles' first three years in Japan, she moved herself and her son to Greece. She continued to appear in the news and magazines, but never talked about her son after moving. Besides his birth certificate, some doctors' files and things of that nature, I can't find anything on him" Kyoya explained, a frown on his face as he looked over at Tamaki.

"The boy was hidden from the paparazzi for years, not many people know why" Tamaki sighed, looking back over to the boy. "Maybe it's because of his condition?" Hani asked, Usa-Chan held tightly in his grip. The two younger and taller hosts looked over at the small boy. "What are you talking about, Hani-Senpai?" Tamaki asked, confusion painted like face paint over his features. "Well, he has that thing that some rabbits have, you know, with the completely white fur and big red eyes and pink nose"

While Tamaki only seemed to get more confused, things seemed to click for Kyoya. "Oh, you mean albinism. A condition where the pigment in your body is reduced considerably; it also causes problems with your health" The ravenette explained. Hani nodded, and hummed in confirmation. "So you mean that his mother hid him from the paparazzi for, what? Protection from the public?" Tamaki asked, his eyebrows crumbled in confusion.

"I would assume so, rumors spread like wildfire and people can make insane assumptions" Kyoya stated, glancing at the boy with the big glasses. Miles' condition should have been so obvious, but there's always the odd looking person around at this school that he thought nothing of it. Kyoya silently wondered, though, why the boy suddenly wanted to go to such an infamous school after spending so much time out of the limelight?