Chapter VI

Miles learned from watching the Host Club that the students who went to them were the definition of desperate. As much as he wanted to look away, he couldn't tear his eyes from the multiple scenes of drama unfolding in the room they worked in. He didn't know which one it was - he didn't bother paying attention, it's not like he was gonna be back here.

The tall blond was holding some girl in his arms and dipping her, the two weird twins were all over each other, Kyoya was doing something to make all all the students around him go red, the inhumanly small student was rolling around on one of the couches and Haruhi was making the girls giggle so hard that Miles worried for their health. Grimacing at the dramatics behind the door, Miles started to leave, believing he went unnoticed. He was wrong to believe that, but he didn't know that at the time.

Taking out his phone, Miles texted his mother that everything was settled with the dean. He sighed, looking around for some sign or something that showed him the way out. It took him almost half an hour to get out of that damned school, but he did it all on his own. Miles will never admit it, but he was prouder of that than he probably should be. Once out of the building, he started searching for a car that looked familiar to him, hoping to find his mother quickly and get home.

By the next day, Min-Lee had heard all about the Host Club and to say Miles was surprised by her reaction was an understatement. She had been so excited, for two different reasons. Reason one was the fact that people were reaching out to him to be his friend and since Miles had never really had friends, this was a big thing. Reason two was the fact that there was a Host Club at Ouran once again, just like there had been when she went to Oruan Academy.

It was a slight surprise to Miles that this wasn't the first 'Host Club' type thing at Ouran, as that was what the current one seemed to be known for - besides the pretty boys of course. Min-Lee explained that it was more quiet and people couldn't just show up, they had to be invited; mainly the whole thing sounded almost like a rumor or some mystical legend during her school days. So when Miles went to school that day, he couldn't help but snicker every time someone said something about Ouran's 'first Host Club'. It gained him a bunch of scowls and snotty looks, but Miles couldn't care less.

He was used to people not liking him after all. And, of course, something always had to happen around lunch. That seemed to be the hour where everything in the world stopped and a big chunk of chaos redirected its aim straight towards Miles. He had been sitting, minding his own business like always when people - mainly female students - started coming up to him, asking him when he was joining the Host Club. When he told them over and over that he definitely was not, they would get upset and stomp away.

After the seventh time it happened, Miles got so fed up that he went straight to the table the Host Club usually sat at and threw his hands onto the table. The noise that came after the action was so loud that it echoed and caused the whole dining hall to go into deathly silence. The members of the Host Club stopped their talk too, any traces of relaxation, joy or blank indifference had been cast to the wind and was replaced with frowns of confusion. "Alright, listen up you prissy little brats, I don't want to be in your stupid little club or stay after school and hear all of your drama and bullshit, okay? So leave me be and get it out of your clients' heads that I will be joining you"

Miles felt his ears and neck flush with held back frustration and a little bit of anger. People had left him alone his entire life, why were they all of a sudden taking such an interest in him? The seven students stared back at him, some scared, some upset, some confused and one or two looked straight up offended. Miles looked at Haruhi, his frustration melting away a bit. "Besides you Haruhi, you're probably just trying the best you can, you look exasperated almost every time I glance at you"

And with that, plus one final scowl at the rest of the Host Club, Miles was moving out of the dining hall. He felt everyone's gaze on him as he walked out and felt anxiety slip into his blood stream. He knew him speaking up would cause a scene, but Miles had had enough with all the Host Club bullshit that had been going on ever since he had started going to this school. In his frustration and anxiety, Miles didn't notice the tall ravenette following behind him. Miles was stopped short of stomping around (looking for some peace and quiet to calm down) by his phone ringing.

Inhaling sharply, Miles grabbed his phone, flipped it open and answered the call. "Hi mother, is it time to go?" He heard shuffling before his mother spoke. "Yeah, I'm out in the parking lot already" Miles sighed and nodded, even though he knew his mother couldn't see him. "Alright, I'm coming, I'll be out there in a bit - can't keep the doctor waiting, can we?" The still unseen ravenette raised an eyebrow. He sounds upset about it. The snap of the phone closing echoed throughout the wall, dragging the ravenette out of his thoughts.

He barely had enough time to hide his tall frame as Miles went by, looking even more stressed than he did in the lunch room. The ravenette pushed up his glasses and stared at Miles' retreating form in confusion. Why is he so stressed about that doctor's appointment? Is something seriously wrong? The glasses clad teen sighed as he made his way back to the dining hall; his brain was already making assumptions as he walked.