Chapter III

By the end of the day, Miles was glad to say that he had gone almost completely left alone. Almost. Besides those twins, no one talked to him unless necessary. Miles sighed in relief as he walked out of the school, music moving into his ears. His reddish eyes swept across the street for the car he came to school in. Or, at least one that his family owned; they had a few so the paparazzi wouldn't bug them so much and every once and awhile would sell one, buy something cheaper and gave the rest of the money to charities.

His search was interrupted when the same twins from lunch popped into his view. Scowling, Miles tried to move past them and continue his search. Before he could, they grabbed into his arms and pushed his headphones down onto his neck. "Where you goin'?" They asked in unison, their loud voices making Miles cringe. "Home, now let me go" the pale boy grumbled as he struggled in their arms. It didn't help, the two gingers were stronger then they looked.

"We will--" "Once you consider our offer to join the Host Club--" "Only after that, will we let you go" Miles felt a headache coming on at the two talking. He was about to retort when he saw his mother's driver coming up to them. "Excuse me, young men, what do you think you're doing?" The twins looked up at the older, grandfatherly man, identical looks of confusion on their faces.

"Nothing much sir, just talking to our new friend here" The driver rose an eyebrow and looked at Miles, with a ghost of a smirk. "Are they your friends Mr. Dontire?" Miles felt the corners of his mouth lift up as well. "No, Daniel, they are not, can you please help me?" The driver, Daniel, nodded. "Of course, sir" and with that, Daniel grabbed one of the twins, picking him up and forceably moved him before doing the same to the other.

For a 56 year old, Daniel didn't mess around. "Now that that's settled, I would suggest you two leave Mr. Dontire alone" The tall, gray haired man looked over to his young employer. "Are we ready to go sir?" Miles smiled and nodded. "Of course Daniel, thank you" And the two left, leaving two very confused - and slightly offended - twins behind. "Hey Hikaru?" The twin that got picked up first asked the other.

"Yes Kaoru?" Hikaru sighed, turning to his brother. "I think this will be a lot harder than we all thought" Kaoru mumbled, a pout smothering his lips. Hikaru nodded in dismay, gently patting his brother's shoulder to comfort him. "We'll get him, one way or another" Hikaru mumbled, watching the car Miles and his driver got in to leave the school premise.

Miles sat in the car as he left the school, his headphones being transferred into his bag. "Thanks for helping me Daniel" The older man looked at him from the review mirror. "It's no problem sir" Miles huffed out an irritated breath. "How long have I been telling you to call me Miles?" The albino boy scolded, playfully hitting his hand on the older man's upper arm. Daniel glanced at Miles again, watching as one of his reddish eyes went lazy, a small hint of sadness in his own brown eyes before giving the young man a tight smile.

"Right, apologies Miles" The older man said, quickly averting his gaze back to the road before Miles noticed his glance. It didn't take long for the two to get home, where Min-Lee was already waiting on the front porch. Miles stepped out of the car, thanking Daniel one more time, giving the man a quick hug before moving over to his mother. "How was your day, dear?" Min-Lee asked, excitement taking obvious residence in her voice.

The small teen explained his day, ending the story with Daniel saving the day. Min-Lee was aggravated that the two spoiled - her words, not his - kids dared to bother her son in such ways. But, the story did give Daniel a month off with pay. "That means that you get to ride with me in the mornings!" Min-Lee cheered before leading her son into their two-story house. Miles' eyes widened in horror, making Daniel laugh from the driveway. "Daniel, don't leave me with her in the mornings!" Miles shouted, obviously feigning fear.

Daniel laughed harder, shaking his head. "I'm sorry Miles, you're on your own" He falsely apologized as he turned and went to his own car to go home. Back inside, Miles and Min-Lee moved to sit at one of the counters. Min-Lee's smile dropped slowly and she sighed. Miles noticed her sudden shift in demeanor and his smiles dropped as well. "What is it mother?" Min-Lee looked at her son, reaching over and smoothing his curly locks.

"You have another doctor's appointment soon" Miles sighed, tilting his head to try and stop the frequent twitching of his eyes. "I've been really careful, so there's no big worry, right?" The reason for such a worry over the appointments is because of how sensitive Miles' skin was to UV rays. They went monthly to check and make sure nothing fatal had developed. Min-Lee smiled, but it was tight and didn't reach her eyes.

"Yeah, but you know how we can never be too careful, hun" Miles frowned, nodding slightly dejectedly. "I know mother" There was a moment of silence before either of them spoke again. "When's the appointment?" The pale boy asked, adjusting his glasses slightly before looking at his mother again. "This Wednesday, around noon, so I'll be picking you up during lunch and dropping you back off after" Miles groaned, reaching under his glasses to rub his eyes.

"Alright, I'll probably need a note to show my teachers and you might have to call the dean so I don't get in any sort of trouble for leaving the school" Min-Lee nodded, grabbing her phone from her purse. "I'll look up the school number and go ahead and notify the dean, we'll get your note after school tomorrow" Miles nodded back, yawning slightly. Min-Lee smiled at her son. She had been surprised when he offered to go to Ouran Academy, but excited. She had gone when she was a teenager as an honor student and remembered having such a good time. She only hoped the same would come to her son.