9 | ѕє∂υcιиg уσυ

Seducing You

Scar Patterson

I felt every single second of it.

I felt every agonizing second of the mid-sized sedan tumbling through the forest, stirring an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach. The sounds of tree branches brushing violently against the car deafened me, or perhaps that was just the scream that was threatening to sound from my throat, even though it was probably lodged there by my fear.

The car hit a large tree trunk, making it come to an abrupt stop. I was still alive, barely, but I was. The car was upside down and it took me quite a while to figure that out because my heart was pounding loudly in my chest and my brain thumping just as loud as I waited for my dad to do something, but he never did. He just sat there, unmoving.

"Dad?" I asked him in a strangled voice. I tried to move out of my seated position but it seemed as though I was stuck. "Dad, come on. We need to get out of here." But he didn't respond and after a while, I began to think that he wouldn't.

A soft knock from beside me brought my attention to the window which I didn't realize was mostly shattered. A little boy about my age with short, shaggy blond hair was staring back at me in horror. "Are you okay?"

"I can't move," I told him, and then I pointed to my dad. "And he can't move either."

The boy looked at my dad for a brief moment then back to me. It looked like he knew something I didn't. "I'm gonna get you out." He reached through the broken glass, not caring about slicing his skin, and grabbed onto arm. "I'll pull and you push, okay?"

I nodded as I prepared myself. As soon as he started tugging on me, I tried to push myself out my seat, but I felt a sharp, intense pain rip through my leg. I screamed loudly and yanked my arm out of the boy's grasp. "Stop," I protested, "it hurts."

"What hurts?"

"My leg," I responded shortly. "I think..." I glanced down to where my leg was jammed between the passenger seat and a piece of metal that had broken away from the roof of the car, "...I think I see blood."

The boy's breathing became quick and labored. "Okay, but I can't leave you in here. I know it hurts but you have to bear it."

I shook my head violently. "No..."

"Come on," he insisted, ignoring me. This time, he shattered the remaining glass so that he could fit his body through the window. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled with all his might, despite my protests. The unbearable pain ripped through my leg once more and I screamed louder than I've ever screamed before.

But it worked. The boy was able to pull me out of the window.

I sighed in relief and threw my head back on the ground. "Now, my dad ... he needs help, too!"

He blinked at me as if I was speaking another language. "You're bleeding really badly."

I could feel myself falling in and out of consciousness and I couldn't piece together a full sentence. "But my dad..."

The boy pulled his shirt over his head and wrapped it around my leg, tying it tightly. "Hey, look, my mom is a doctor. She'll know what to do. I'll be right back." He scrambled to his feet and took off in an unknown direction. Even though I wanted to plead and cry for him to stay with me, I couldn't because I was slowly drifting away into the oblivion.

▪▪▪

I awoke with a start, almost as though I was trying to prevent myself from slipping into the darkness of my nightmare, one that I had way too often. It took a moment to catch my breath from all the heavy panting I must've been doing, but when I did, I turned over to my side to see the outline of a body in the space beside me. My eyes snapped open at that very instant and when I caught a glimpse of the familiar blond disheveled hair, I scrambled out of bed and tumbled to the floor with a giant thud. The commotion had caused Jamie to stir in his sleep. "What ... what are you ... doing?" he grumbled.

I peered over the bed, internally and desperately hoping that this was all just a sick dream. When my gaze caught sight of his shirtless upper half, I couldn't help but to scream, "Oh my god!" I struggled to stand to my feet because when I saw that I, too, was shirtless, I fell back down. "Dude, what the fuck!"

Jamie stared at me for what seemed like forever before he sighed and buried his head into the sheets. "We didn't have sex," he mumbled into the pillow, seeming to understand all the conclusions I was currently drawing.

I let out a large sigh of relief, but my fear only heightened at the thought of us sleeping together. "Why the fuck are you in my bed!"

He popped his head up, his eyes fully open now with any trace of sleep completely gone. "You were drunk last night. I took you home."

"And you stayed?" It was a question, but with how loud my voice sounded, it might as well have been an exclamation.

He sat up abruptly and studied me with a perplexed look on his face. He scratched the back of his head before saying. "Calm the hell down, Patterson. You begged me to stay last night and because I'm a nice guy, I did."

"Calm down?" I questioned, slightly offended. "How the hell can you tell me to calm down? That's all you faggots do—wait until a straight guy has a moment of weakness so that you can seduce him into doing all your nasty gay shit!" Jamie continued to look at me, unmoving, like my words didn't faze him. But the more he looked at me, the more I wanted to do some serious damage to his face. "Why are you still in my bed! Get off!" I twisted my hands into the sheets and pulled hard on them, enough to make them unravel and send Jamie to the floor.

He jumped up to his feet a mere second later. He was shirtless, but still wore a pair of denims. "Seducing you?" he asked as he narrowed his gaze and advanced towards me, making me take an involuntary step back. "You think I'm seducing you? Do you honestly think that's what this is? I was making sure you were okay because you were crying like a stupid baby over that dumb bitch and your stupid friend! I didn't do anything to you—you kissed me!"

I laughed at his absurd accusation. The thought of sharing yet another repulsive gay kiss with that faggot made me want to puke. "Like I would ever."

He clenched his jaw and flared his nostrils in frustration. "Know what? Fuck you, Patterson! I didn't do shit to you! I was helping you out. I was being a friend, since it's obvious that you don't fucking have any!"

I didn't know whether I should've laughed or punched him in face. I had plenty of friends. Sure, Trey did something that wasn't very friend-like of him, but maybe he had a reason. My best friend wouldn't intentionally hurt me because we were better than that. Even with Trey out of the picture, I was good friends with the football team and there were plenty of people who wanted to be friends with me because I was that cool. I didn't need Jamie.

So after careful contemplation, I did what my heart told me to do and I clocked him straight in the jaw.

He stumbled backwards, clutching onto his chin and staring at me like he couldn't believe what had just happened. His clear eyes flared with something I had never seen from him before and before I knew it, he was advancing towards me. "You little—" Before he got the chance to finish, I shoved him away from me.

"I didn't ask you to come into my life, you bastard!"

"Neither did I, asshole!" He didn't let my violence stop him. He retaliated by shoving me so hard that I couldn't catch my balance in time and my head slammed against the wall behind me. As soon as I felt the contact, my vision seemed to blur and my body grew limp until I slumped to the floor with my head lolling back and forth. I couldn't comprehend much, but I saw the outline of Jamie's figure rush beside me, and he said with panic, "Scar? Scar, can you hear me? Are you okay?"

I wanted to tell him that no, I wasn't okay, and that I was going to kick his ass once I was okay, but I wasn't able to form the words.

He pressed his hand to my head and when he pulled it away, he said, "Scar, you're bleeding really badly."

The darkness slowly clouded around me and the last thing I saw was the little boy who saved me from the car accident in my dream.