Chapter 1

Didn't think any characters could ever exist that would be my new favorite in this series, but V practically hit me like a damn truck.

This is a Nero/V fiction, don't like don't read. Spoilers if you haven't gotten through much of the game.

Also, the fairytale I'm writing alongside it is my own, I intended it to be a story in V's book.

Please leave a vote if you like it, it encourages me to write more.

~~~~~

"I once heard tell of a young boy who lived in a small village, nestled deep within cold and rain beaten mountains. A happy young lad he was, in fact there was never a moment that his youthful cheeks did not bare a smile of joy, dusted with the blush of laughter.

The poor lad one day, realized that the world does not house you merely to be kind. It would test your worth every chance it could attain, and test him it did. His once young soul gaining the years of the elders as his darkened eyes followed a coffin lowering into the cold and unashamed earth.

On that day as he witnessed the burial of his father, so too was buried his once immortal smile. All but erased by the burdens of life while barely beginning it's own.."

~~~~

"Hey V! Time to wake up sleeping beauty, if you wanna keep breathin' that is."

The dark haired man sat upright, startled by the rude awakening given to him by his feathered familiar. His eyes scanning the area around them in an almost paranoia fueled fashion, unable to see any approaching threat. However, his connection to the shadows allowed him to feel the demonic presence growing ever stronger. And closer.

"Come on come oooon. Skinny slowpoke today, eh V?" The bird cackled with laughter as it circled around his head, blowing his hair into his face and adding to the irritated state his emotions had become.

"There isn't a need to insult me." A smirk adorned his features at the metallic thud that resulted from the intricate grip of his cane colliding with the offensive creature.
"For I have risen."

"Yeah yeah yeah, listen shakespeare." Griffon began, rubbing the aching knot on his head with a soft azure wing tip. "There's some baddies comin' up quick from that alley back there and I'm sure we'd make a great snack."

"Are you offering yourself as a distraction?" Green eyes focused on the birds own, filled with playful malice.

"Hell no! Get the kitty and lets split!" Griffon stated, looking back and forth with increased worry.

A sigh escaped V's plump lips, if a bit dry from dehydration. He was still figuring out the dealings of his newly acquired human form. As it turns out, they're very needy. Requiring an aggravating amount of care. "Very well, let us press onward."

The black ink upon his skin swirled and paled at the raise of a delicate hand, a deep growl emanating from the creature that appeared effortlessly before him on all fours.
Red feline eyes meeting green, already alert to the enemy approaching them.

"Okay Okay great reunion but we gotta—"

The rushing words were cut off as Griffon barely dodged a long glowing spike that crushed into the metal dumpster from which he sat just a moment ago.
"Uh oh! Told ya we shoulda been movin'!"

V gripped his cane and readied himself to defend, watching every sway of the shadowy cloak that hid the skeletal figure beneath as it moved closer until it was above his head. Raising its arm in a clear position to strike. "Hm." He smirked, seeing right through the demon's intent. "I would say 'oh shit' " He began as he raised his hand, his smirk of expectant success widening once the faust's shrill screech of pain reached his ears as it was stabbed and thrown by one of Shadow's tentacle-like spikes. Her triumphant roar resounding through the area and echoing off of the surrounding stone walls. "But I'm afraid I'm too proper for that."