Chapter 2: Hunter Meets Hunter

Please leave a vote if you enjoyed :)

~~~~~

Nero's attention was diverted from the bloody corpse of the demon he had just dispatched to the dark haired man that slid down the walls of the crater they were now both standing in. Instinctively, he pointed blue rose directly between his eyes upon hearing the sound of his feet landing against the dirt and broken gravel.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked, though his tone more demanded an answer than requested it, completely absent of any form of welcome. His eyes darted from the man to his two familiars, causing him to also grip his sword with his breaker as he felt the threat was increased.

"You can relax, we are no enemy of yours." The man began with a smirk. "In fact, I believe you and I share the same goal."

"Is that so?" He placed his finger over the trigger of his gun in a way he made sure the other noticed. "Care to tell me why, no name?"

The man simply smirked wider. "You can call me V."

"V huh..." Nero mulled the peculiar name over for a moment. "And just what 'goal' is it do you think we share?" He asked, taking a few steps to the right but never moving the barrel of blue rose from the man or his two 'pets'

V twirled his cane once before lifting it out and pointing it in the direction behind the other male. "That."

Nero turned to look at the giant porous tree-resembling piller jutting up into the sky. A few birdlike creatures flying around it that appeared from a distance to be crows but were more likely to be something annoying like pyrobats. "The big ass tree?"

"Actually, it's a Qliphoth." V smirked as he took a step further into the clearing, making sure not to move too quickly toward the other who was still suspicious of his threat level to him. "That's the direct cause of most of the demonic activity in the area. It also happens to be the cause of the destruction of this city." He took a stand next to Nero once he saw it wouldn't earn him a bullet immediately. At least not right at this moment while he was distracted by his explanation. "Or more specifically what rests inside it."

The white haired male shrugged. "So? Ill just burn it down." He said with a nod to the sword which was now placed on his back. V wasn't quite sure what that had to do with fire but he didn't question it.

"I am afraid it isn't quite that simple."

Nero rolled his eyes. "Why not?"

V nodded as Shadow began to growl and got into a defensive stance as she faced opposite the direction they both currently were looking. "I'm afraid that will have to wait, we have company."

Both men turned at the angry hiss that resounded through the area, in time to see both the gang of Fausts that had been tailing them and a few empusas that had been added to their group of misfits.

"Can you fight?" Nero asked, taking red queen from her resting place and readying himself to strike.

"In a way." V replied, examining their battle field for the best possible method of attack.

He heard a sigh. "Ya know, I always hated people who tiptoed around questions." Nero stated with annoyance before rushing forward, sliding across the ground and crashing directly into the waiting claws of the mephisto, almost growling as he slashed left and right into the creature. "Haven't seen you ugly bastards since Fortuna, time to give you one hell of a reunion." He said with a smirk as he lifted his devil breaker and slammed it into it. The creature screamed as its protective cloak was blown off of it in a surge of electricity, knocking it backwards and forcing it to the ground.