~Twenty One~

"Davi time to go in!" Neymar waved his son over from the pool.
"But pai!" A pout resided on Davi's lips.
"It's okay Neymar I've got him" María, Leo's housekeeper assured.
"Thank you" Neymar smiled and gave Davi one last look before moving inside.
When Neymar rounds the corner to Leo's bedroom, where he was staying, he came to a halt.
There before him was Leo, shuffling through papers, lined papers which Neymar had stupidly left on the bed when Davi called for Ney's help getting his swim trunks on. Neymar's throat dried and his breath slowed.
"Neymar... what is this?" Leo looked up in disbelief.
Neymar took the disbelief as disgust and dropped his head, ashamed and wanting nothing more than to crawl out of his skin.
"I'm sorry." Neymar croaked as tears puddled in his eyes, one traitor tear slipping pass the water line.
Neymar wrapped his arms around himself as he felt Leo's unwavering gaze burn into him, Neymar feeling what seemed to be hatred boil his skin.
"I know it's not what you wanted to hear. I know you don't feel the same. I know you don't like me. I know you probably want me to leave, but hear me out..." Neymar swallowed thickly, his blood rushing so harshly in his ears that he failed to hear Leo's step approaching him.
Only when two strong arms wrapped around his shaking frame, did Neymar look up.
"When you left Barça... I was devastated... I had finally admitted to myself that I liked men, one man in particular. But then you left and stopped reaching out to me and I buried those feelings. I felt so betrayed that you'd left me with my realization but it isn't your fault, because you were struggling too and I wasn't man enough to realize that or to be honest with you. But I'll be honest now Ney. I love you... I'm in love with you. I have been for a while now." Leo stares into Neymar's seemingly calculating eyes.
"Really?" Neymar was hesitant, he'd been dreaming of this day but now that it was here, it didn't feel real.
"I promise." Leo smiled and that's all it took for Neymar to grab Leo in a strong embrace, refusing to let go.
Neymar believed now more than ever that he and Leo were written in the stars and it all started with his Letters to Leo.

-END-