Chapter 11

Nathan

"I wish I wasn't attractive."

Bryce glanced down at me, continuing to run his fingers through my hair. "What? Why? You're adorable... embrace it."

"I don't like how girls are obsessed with me." I shrug, shifting my head that was resting on his lap. "There's this girl in one of my classes, she's always staring at me. Talking to her friends about me. It's kinda creepy. Then whenever I walk through the hallways girls stare at me, play with their hair. It is gross. I know how you feel now, people probably stare at you a lot, too."

Bryce laughs, "yeah, it sucks attracting girls. Especially fake ones." I cringe. "But I don't blame girls for staring at you, you are beautiful to look at."

"Ewe, don't say I'm beautiful. I feel like a girl when people say that."

"Jeez, Nath. I was complimenting you." Bryce grumbled, rolling his eyes. I shrug, wrapping my arms around myself. Bryce's room is colder than the classrooms at school. "Are you cold?"

"No."

"You're horrible at lying." Bryce chuckled, kissing the top of my head. I cringe but loved the feeling of his lips on my head. "Fuck off, don't tell me you hate all cheesy things."

"I hate a lot of cheesy things, dude." I shrug, sighing in content as Bryce continued to rake his fingers through my hair. 

"You like your hair being pulled and played with."

"That doesn't make me cheesy, I can't help it," I mutter, looking back up at him. Bryce hummed, clearly not believing me. "Hey, shut your mouth."

"So, you don't like hand holding, cuddling, watching movies together, going out... anything?" Bryce asked, knitting his brows together. 

I shrug, "no, not really. That's why I haven't had a girlfriend in a while. They asked if they could hold my hand and I was out."

Bryce chuckled, "that's quite unfortunate."  

"Why would you care? Last time I checked I'm as single as a Pringle. Ewe, that brought back memories from 4th grade!"

Bryce rolled his eyes, smiled, but didn't reply. His fingers continued to comb his fingers through my hair as my head rested on his lower thighs.

We didn't speak for a few minutes, I just laid there, enjoying the feeling of his fingers playing and occasionally tugging at my hair. 

Bryce glanced at his phone, reading the three number.

8:45

Bryce sighs, setting his phone aside. "I need to get ready for a party."

"On a Wednesday?"

"It's a frat party." Bryce shrugged, "my friend has a sister in college who can let my friends and I in. Wanna come?"

"I'm a junior, though..."

"And? No one needs to know."

I shake my head, "I'll pass. My parents want me home soon anyway. They think I went to church then went to the library to study."

"You little rebel."

"I'm a baddie," I smirk, beginning to sit up from his lap. "Are you planning on getting drunk?"

"Wouldn't be a frat party if I didn't."

I just nod, deciding not to reply. I don't mind him getting drunk at a frat party that he legally can't attend... I just don't like the idea of it at the same time. Frat parties always have fights based on what I heard.  Bryce has trouble handling his anger... I just don't want him to get hurt because he gets wasted,