Epilogue

Bryce

"Nathan Graham, University of Connecticut!"

My eyes widen with excitement as I watched Nathan walk across the stage with the biggest smile ever on his face to hear his name and the uni name. His smile was absolutely golden as he was handed his diploma and shaking hands with the principal.

Ally was practically squealing as she clapped her hands, "good job Nugget!" I chuckle as I clap, resisting the urge to start screaming and cheering. Nathan has no idea that I'm here.

I made up an excuse saying that I'm busy and that I wouldn't make it to his graduation, so it'll be quite a surprise when he sees me.

I couldn't help but smile as Nathan walked off the stage with an enormous smile on his face, making a few silly faces at Emma who was in the line, calming her nerves.

I tried not to stare at Nathan the entire time or talk to anyone in case he heard my voice. The last time I saw him was months ago on Valentine's day because of classes in college getting harder, my schedule getting busier, and my nights getting longer.

But I "successfully" passed my first year of college without being a total idiot.

It felt like hours, and it probably was, until all the names finished being called and the principle and other "important" staff finished making these emotional speeches about how the graduates should make good choices in life.

It was quite boring.

I spotted Nathan's mom with Grace standing next to one of the school building, his mom talking to one of the teachers with a bright smile on her face. Nathan's parents divorced was finalized a few months ago, so I'm not surprised she's talking with someone with such affection in her eyes.

"Hey, Mrs. Graham." I greet as I walked up to her.

Her head snapped towards me, instantly smiling, "Bryce! Oh gosh, honey, I haven't seen you for a while! How are you, hun?"

"I'm good, thank you." I smile, "have you seen Nathan?"

She hummed in reply, "mhm, he's changing in the bathroom. I'm sure he'd be delighted to see you." I send her another smile, deciding to just talk to Coby or Emma, or someone until he finds me.

"What are you doing here?" Emma gasped, wrapping her arms hastily around me. "Nathan said you weren't coming..."

"I wanted to surprise him." I shrug, giving her a short squeeze. "His mom told me he's changing."

"You made him cry!" Emma exclaimed with a pout, "he was so upset his dad wasn't going to be here until after his name was called, then you not even showing up..."

I frown, "poor, Nath. Well, I'm here now and heard his name." Emma just smiles at me. "Congrats on graduating."

"Ah, thanks."

"Bryce! Oh my gosh!"

I turn my head, only for a body to collapse into mine from my left side. I was knocked off my feet from the impact, landing on the grass. Ignoring the pain that instantly shot through my behind, I held Nathan close to me, letting out a breath in relief.