Chapter 27

Nathan

I can't do anything for 6 weeks...

I have to stay at my house for 6 weeks and not get hurt in any way possible, even if it's falling off my bed. It kinda sucks.

It's hard remembering things though. I would forget that Bryce went to the bathroom and I would greet him again when he came back. I would forget what or that I ate dinner. I would forget what I was talking about a lot. A few times I forgot people's name like I had a massive brain fart.

But I'm glad I'm no longer in a hospital, needles attached to my arms, and machines around me.

The nurses constantly reminded me to work on my speech and consider physical and speech therapy, but I think I'll be alright. Bryce said that I'm going to be moody from the accident and brain damage, but then he also said that I always am.

He's nice...

My dad was happy I was okay but was upset that I got into an accident from not paying attention. But in my defense, the other dude was drunk and I was at least aware I was in a car.

I still need to apologize to Emma, so I might just ask her to come over since I have nothing better to do for the next few weeks. They suggested I stay in bed and only move for food, water, bathroom, or showering.

It sucks. I can't cuddle with Bryce at home, my dad will be here. Unless I am home alone for more than a few hours, I can't see my boyfriend, because my dad suspects that something is going on between us and my mom knows. So if he finds out that she knows and didn't tell him... I don't want to imagine.

Me- Hey Emma... Can you come over please? I need to talk to you...

Emma replied quickly, agreeing and saying she'll be here once she gets off work in the next hour or so.

I called Bryce, just wanting to hear his voice. It was nice hearing his voice after all the shit that just happened.

I let him do most of the talk because I get frustrated talking. Sometimes my tongue just feels like it goes numb or I forget how to pronounce the rest of the word.

My tongue would get tied when I try saying a sound that requires my lips, tongue, or teeth to touch. So I can't say much without stuttering or having to change the word completely.

"Are you doing better at home?" Bryce asked. "I know it's only been a day or two at home, but is it better than the hospital?"

I nod, even though he couldn't see me. "Yeah. No ma..." I mouth the word 'machine', trying to say the 'chine' part of the word. I let out a huff, whispering the word that used to be so simple to pronounce. "Machines or nurses."

"Yeah, I bet it's better." He replied, a smile in his voice. "How's my baby?"

"Eh."

"Hmm." Bryce hums, "are you in any pain or are you just not in a good mood?"

"No pain," I assured, but I hated how I can't properly say sentences. I feel like a toddler. "Well... a bit. I'm bored."

"Are you taking your medicine?"

I nod, "yeah." I lick my lips, glancing around my room. When did I get a lamp? I swear it wasn't in here when I woke up. "What are you doing?"

"I'm working, love." Bryce informs me, making me gasp a small 'oh'. I don't want him getting in trouble for talking to me. "It's slow right now, everyone is either skating or surfing, so no ones in here but me and a few others."

"That's..." Cool is too hard to say..."Nice."

"Very." He agreed with a chuckle. "I love you, baby."