~18~

Alyx's POV

I wake up with a slight headache and my body feeling sluggish. I pull myself out of bed and go get in the shower, hoping it'll make me feel better. I'm so tired. I rest my head against the shower wall and try to focus on everything that happened last night.

I remember drinking, obviously. Pretty sure that's why I feel so shitty. I remember Lexi verbally attacking us. Amaya physically attacking her back. Jason yelling at her. Then I left with her. And she took me to that bridge. What else?

My eyes widen, and I feel a pit settle in my stomach. I told her I liked her. I totally did. I'm such an idiot. I couldn't help telling her, though. I'm glad I had alcohol in my system, or I don't think I would have ever told her. I get why they call it liquid courage.

I get out and dry myself off before brushing my teeth and getting dressed. I put on a blue V-neck and black pants. I hear my phone buzz, so I reach for it.

'Come outside.' It's a text from Amaya.

'What?' Is she outside my house? Is my mom home? Damn. I don't know.

'Hurry up.'

I rush down the stairs and see my mom sipping coffee on the couch. Shit. "Why are you in such a rush?" she asks with a puzzled expression.

"I'm just trying to get to school," I lie. I want to leave before she notices Amayas car and starts asking questions.

"Really? You're never in this much of a hurry."

"I got to stop by the library before class." Lie, again.

She gives me a skeptical look. "Okay, I love you."

"I love you, too, Mom." I hurry out and shut the door behind me.

I rush to the car and climb in. This is going to be awkward. How am I supposed to act around her now that she knows my feelings? As soon as I see her when I open the door, I blush. Damn. I knew it. I can't stop the blood rushing to my face when it comes to her.

She's wearing a blue top with a long gray cardigan. Her blue jeans have rips in them, and I can see her soft looking skin through the slits. She's got some white sandals on her feet. Her hair is straight, and her regular makeup is on.

"Hey," she says with a big smile. "Was your mom home? I would have knocked, but I saw her car and didn't know if she should meet me."

"Yeah, she was. And why do say that?" My mom would have been thrilled to meet her. She wants me to have a girlfriend just as much as Wes does.

She smirks at me. "She might think I'm a bad influence on you."

"Oh."

She lets a laugh out. Well, she's acting normal. Like I didn't admit having a crush on her last night. She did say she needed to process it, so I'll give her some time. It's not like I have the courage to bring it up again anyway. Plus, why rush the rejection?

We pull into school, and the anxiety hits. What are people going to think when they see me get out of her car? She parks it and steps out. I follow her, and Elaine instantly approaches us.

"Maya, did you really kick Lexi's ass? She sent me a picture of a bruise on her face."

"Yeah. She was being a bitch," she says, crossing her arms.

Elaine looks at me and gives a slight smile. "Oh. Hey, Alyx."

"Uh, hey." Well, this one is being nice to me, at least.

"Can I talk to you alone for a second, Maya?" she asks her.

"Yeah." I begin to walk away, but Amaya grabs my forearm, stopping me. "Sit with me at lunch," she tells me with a smile. The invite takes me by surprise. I nod, and she lets go.