☆Mista x Reader: 1, 2, 1, 2☆

"I would like to give a special happy birthday to the lady of the hour, Y/N!" Said Bruno, a glass of red wine in hand. Ah, your birthday. It had been about a year since you joined passione, and you cherished every day. You had made genuine friends, made genuine connections...and for the first time since you ran away, felt genuine happiness. 

     "Thank you Bruno!" You smiled, tilting your head a bit. "And thank you all for coming out, I really appreciate it." The group began to hoot and holler. Music began to play and the dance floor flooded with your friends, passione, and everybody in between. 

     "It really has been a year, huh?" You felt a tap on your shoulder, it was Mista of all people. You nodded.

     "A whole year!" You repeated, smiling goofy. You leaned in a bit. "I can't believe I was lucky enough to meet you all." 

     "Lucky?" He repeated, curiously. He knew about luck more than anything. The thought of you being thankful to meet him made his heart swell a little bit. 

     "Yeah! Of course? If Bruno hadn't scouted me.." You trailed off. 

     "Well, it's not my style to overthink things." He pointed to the packed dance hall. "You wanna dance? Narancia is kind of..." You looked over his shoulder to see Narancia trying to pull Abbachio down onto the dance floor. 

     "That's what I like about you, Mista. You betcha!" You snatched his hand from his side and ran onto the dance floor. Before you knew it, everyone joined in. Fugo and Narancia began break dancing, Bruno was bobbing his head along with Abbachio, and Trish was clapping for them. You laughed along with Mista, bumping, grinding, giggling, and spinning. You were high on life. Without warning, Mista grabbed both of your hands and swept you around the dance floor. For a second, everyone stopped and stared. Y/N, a beautiful young girl and Mista dancing together so passionately. You both looked like you were in your own world. Bruno simply shook his head knowingly. Even if you both never noticed, you were both hopelessly in love with each other. 

     "Yo, Y/N!" Mista yelled, over the loud booming music. 

     "Yeah?" 

     "You just...look nice tonight!" He yelled back, barely audible. 

     "I look rice tonight?!" 

      "No- damn it- you look NICE tonight!"

      "I have MICE tonight?!" You looked angry, what kind of insult?!

 You turned to Bruno and made a choking motion, your signal for 'stop the music'. The music cut just as Mista began to scream..."Y/N, YOU LOOK HOT TONIGHT!" The room was silent. The only thing audible was Mista's words, echoing off the walls. Abbachio looked dissapointed. Narancia and Fugo laughed. Bruno stifled a giggle. You both turned cherry red. 

     "T-Thank you...?" You replied, cupping your own cheeks. 

     "H-Hey?! What are you two dumbasses laughing at? I swear I-I'll- oh forget it! Y/N, come with me!" He grabbed you by the wrist, pulling you out to the back of the venue. You heard a few words as you both ran out...

     "Oi, Oi Bruno! You think he'll finally confess?!" Said Narancia. 

     "Only time will tell..." He replied, giving you final wink before Mista could fully run out the door. Confess? Oh God..was he...were YOU? Finally, you both made it to the back of the venue. It was a grassy space, almost like a meadow. 

     "Man, fuck those dumbasses!" Mista yelled, his hands on his knees. He was huffing and puffing from running. 

     "You think I'm..hot?" You raised an eyebrow, your heart slamming the inside of your ribcage. 

     "I...I don't think there's any reason for me to hide it now. Y/N, you said that you liked that I don't think about things too hard, right?" 

     "Uh..yeah? I suppose I did." 

     "Well..then...I really like you, Y/N. More than the rest of the team. I have feelings for you." Before you could respond, he pulled you close to him, leaving a tender, loving kiss on your lips. You melted into it, realizing your feelings in the moment. You stepped back, his warmth still on your lips.

    "How long have you felt like this...?" You said, quietly.

    "A while now. I'm sorry if I scared you..." 

    "No, the opposite actually." You wrapped your arms around him, bear hugging him.

    "Guess my birthday is gonna be our anniversary too, huh?"