New Old Friends Or Maybe More. . .

Ravi's P.O.V.

Hanging around Chloe these past few weeks have been the best two weeks of my life. I forgot how much fun she is to be around. Man you don't spend a year around someone and you forget a lot of things. A lot of things I wish puberty hadn't cursed me with, – feelings. I've always had a thing for Chloe. The problem is I've never been good with talking to girls. Okay, okay I talk to her on a daily basis. However, that is not the same. She is my best friend its easy to talk to her. Its just not easy to talk to her about the feelings I have for her deep down inside. I want her to know the truth. I just don't know what to say. On the bright side I have all summer to be with her. And the best news of all my brother Luke isn't here to steal her away from me like he did a couple years ago. That was the major issue. Luke had a thing for Chloe to. And he took advantage of his easy talking to girl skills and stole her from me. I was perfectly fine with being around Chloe everyday and keeping my feelings a secret. Luke came by and ruined it. Now I have nothing to worry about. Chloe and I were in the kitchen trying to figure out what to make for the campers for dinner.

"Ooo, there's this recipe I've always wanted to try out!?" I said to Chloe excitedly.

Chloe smiled brighting up the whole room. My body almost went limp. I could physically feel my stomach fall to the floor. She stared directly into my eyes.

"What is it?" Chloe asked sweetly.

"It is a Hawaiian Chicken Taco," I answered excitedly.

Chloe didn't say anything for a minute. I became very self conscious in the silence. No one ever thinks my ideas are good ones. They always turn me down and come up with better ones. Chloe looked at me still smiling that beautiful smile.

"That sounds like a great idea," she said smiling.

"Really!" I said maybe a little to excitedly.

"Yeah, it sounds delicious, I'm even excited to try it," Chloe said happily.

She turned around and started to look through some things.  I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a split second.

"Okay, Ravi you can do this," I spoke to myself quietly so only I could hear. 

I took another deep breath before walking over to Chloe. I tapped on her shoulder. She smiled as she turned around.

"Ravi, I found the recipe in your recipe book - and wow you have a lot in here," Chloe said flipping a few pages.

"Yeah, I have several recipes in my cookbook, most of which I have never tried," I stated.

"Well, we should try to make some of them," Chloe suggested.

A huge smile came to my lips.

"You mean like together?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course, it'll be fun," she replied.

"Okay, we're getting off topic -"

"Off topic of what?"

"I've had so much fun with you these past few weeks and I just wanted to tell you that. . ."

"Hey Chloe?" I heard Emma call from outside the kitchen.

"Oh, hold that thought Ravi," Chloe said to me as she started to walk out of the kitchen.

Before I could say anything else Chloe walked out of the kitchen. I sighed as I watched her walk out. Maybe there isn't meant to be anything between us.

Chloe's P.O.V.

I walked out of the kitchen and over to Emma and Destiny.

"I think we figured out a solution to your Ravi problem," Emma said to me with a smile.