13 | moving on

"why are there so many people?" chaewon said, staring at the crowd of tourists.

it was the weekend, but we weren't expecting so many people to be at the korean traditional village we were holding our photoshoot at.

"wow, are we even going to be able to take any pictures?" i asked.

"we'll try..." seungmin said, looking worried.

we were trying to find a place where there weren't as many people, but it was difficult to walk through the village because the streets were narrow and crowded.

someone bumped into me as we were walking, and accidentally made me drop my purse.

the person looked at me, then at my purse on the floor, then proceeded to walk away.

"excuse me, can you at least apologize to her?" seungmin's voice surprised me.

"oh, my bad, i'm sorry," the person said, then turned away.

"wow, what a jerk," seungmin said.

he picked up my purse from the ground and handed it to me.

"thanks," i said, kind of embarrassed because i caused a small commotion.

"you okay?" seungmin asked.

"yeah, i'm fine. let's go."

i hurriedly walked forward because i could see chaewon shooting lasers fron her eyes at me.

we finally found a spot that wasn't as crowded so we could officially begin our photoshoot.

"hmm, why do i feel like the weather is getting worse?" chaewon said, looking up at the sky.

it was pretty cloudy, like it was going to rain soon.

"it didn't say it was going to rain in the forecast though," seungmin said.

hoping the weather forecast was correct, our photoshoot continued.

chaewon momentarily left in search for a restroom while i was modeling.

"wait, i think i just felt a raindrop," i said, wiping the bridge of my nose with my finger.

"me too," seungmin said.

"is your camera waterproof?" i asked.

"no..." seungmin said, getting a bit concerned.

just then, it started drizzling.

"quick, hide your camera!" i shouted.

seungmin quickly put his camera in its designated bag and folded the tripod.

the rain was pouring harder by the moment. the weather was really playing with us, how can it suddenly rain so much like that?

i looked down at my hanbok, and remembered it wasn't mine, i borrowed it. i can't get it wet!

"shoot, we have to return these to--"

i couldn't finish my sentence because seungmin had grabbed my hand and started running.

"hey--wait, i can't run as fast, this dress is huge!" i yelled.

"sorry, but we need to find somewhere to avoid the rain before you get sick!" seungmin yelled back, still running.

thankfully we found a nearby cafe soon, and we stood below the overhang to catch our breath.

"are you okay?" seungmin asked, looking really worried and serious.

"yeah, i'm fine," i said, laughing a bit because i found it funny that he was so worried.

"sorry for making you run, but i didn't want you to stay out in the rain," seungmin apologized.

"it's okay, at least i won't catch a cold now," i laughed. "wait, what about chaewon?"

"shoot, i'll text her right now."

chaewon thankfully had stayed indoors instead of running around in the rain searching for us.

"i think we need to find chaewon and go back to the hanbok rental shop," seungmin said.

"yeah, but how?" i said. "it's raining so much."

"we could wait for the rain to stop, but we don't know how long it will take..."

"huh? is that--?" i spotted a familiar figure across the street. "renjun!"

renjun whipped his head towards my direction, immediately smiling at me. then he crossed the street to reach us.

"i knew you guys would be stuck somewhere because it started raining in the middle of your photoshoot," he teased.

"okay, the forecast didn't say it was gonna rain!" i said, rolling my eyes.

"where's chaewon?" renjun asked.

"uh... some cafe a few minutes away," seungmin answered.

"there are millions of cafes around here," renjun laughed. "well, i have one umbrella, so we one of us could try finding her?"

a pause. neither of us spoke up...

"i'll go," seungmin said, taking renjun's umbrella from him.

"kay," renjun said.

seungmin turned on the navigation on his phone and started for the cafe chaewon was at.

"aren't you cold?" renjun said, opening the door so we could go inside the cafe.

"nah, this hanbok is pretty warm," i said, sitting at a table.

"it's really pretty," renjun complimented. "like you."

"oh my god," i laughed. "i didn't know you could be cheesy. you're normally sarcastic as hell."

"haha, that's true," renjun smirked. "maybe i was being sarcastic just now too."

"do you want to die?" i joked, pretending to punch him.

☆☆☆

a while later, seungmin returned with chaewon. they were wearing matching hanbok and were using one umbrella together, who wouldn't assume they were a couple?

"thanks for the umbrella," seungmin said, handing it to renjun.

"you're lucky i came," renjun joked.

"so, should we head back to the hanbok rental shop?" chaewon asked.

"we have four people and one umbrella," i pointed out.

"actually, two umbrellas."

i just noticed chaewon was holding an umbrella. where'd she get that?

"i saw a shop selling umbrellas for cheap," chaewon explained. "so i bought one."

wait, they had two umbrellas, but i'm pretty sure seungmin and chaewon were sharing one earlier?

"okay, let's go now," seungmin said.

we naturally split up into pairs--chaewon and seungmin, me and renjun.

renjun naturally put an arm around my shoulders as we walked.

i glanced at seungmin and chaewon. he didn't have an arm around her, but still, this really felt like an official separation between me and seungmin.

i didn't expect so many of y'all to support minjun rather than minmin LMAO rip seungmin