17 | apologize

"how... how much of it...?" i asked.

"...all of it..." seungmin mumbled.

frick, he heard everything. he knows that i like him. what do i do?

"w-well, you heard me!" i shouted, anger rising all of a sudden. "do you still not understand?!"

"what, why are you yelling--"

"was this your plan?" i cut him off. "to trick me into thinking you like me and then make me jealous by flirting with someone else?!"

"when did i--"

"you're always talking to kim chaewon at lunch!" inside my mind i wanted to stop, but i just kept shouting.

"that's because--"

"also," i didn't let seungmin speak. "you told me to be the model for your photography project, and guess what? you had chaewon join too!"

"what's wrong with that, she's a good model too!" seungmin said, getting angry along with me.

"and! you didn't even care when i started dating renjun!"

"what--"

"because you like chaewon, right? you even gave her pepero on pepero day!" i continued shouting. "you're probably secretly dating her, huh?!"

"i'm not!" seungmin shouted back.

"i like you, okay?!" i stood up from the bench i was sitting on. "and i get that you don't like me back!"

i walked into the guesthouse, shutting the door behind me. then i headed straight for my bedroom.

i shut the bedroom door and fell onto my bed.

what have i just done?

"unnie! dinner's ready!" i heard somi's voice from outside the door.

no way, i can't face seungmin right now.

i stayed silent, and somi opened the door, peeking her head inside.

"are you not gonna eat?" she asked.

"i'm not hungry," i said.

"nah, you'll wanna eat once you see the food."

i stayed still, so somi walked over to where i was sitting.

"what's wrong, did you have a fight with seungmin or something?" somi joked.

except, it was kind of what happened.

"actually? you guys fought?" her eyes widened.

"i mean, it was mostly me yelling..." i mumbled.

"...are you going to apologize?" somi asked.

"ugh, i don't know," i sighed in frustration.

i ended up leaving the room to eat dinner, because the food smelled too good to skip.

i just tried my best to avoid looking at seungmin. he probably didn't want to see me either.

☆☆☆

the next day, we traveled to a nearby mountain to have some fun in the snow.

"okay, let's have a contest of who can make the best snowman!" chan shouted once we arrived.

"it's too tiring to make a big snowman alone," chaeyoung whined.

"split into pairs then, i'll be the judge," chan said. "and last place has to cook today's dinner!"

"aw come on! you just wanted to avoid cooking, hyung!" felix yelled.

i paired up with hyunjin and we immediately started gathering snow, not wanting to cook dinner today.

"minjoo," hyunjin said a while later. "did you talk to seungmin yesterday?"

i glanced in seungmin's direction. he was busy finding a branch to use for his snowman.

"um, yeah," i muttered.

"did you two... fight?" hyunjin asked. "he seemed really upset."

i sighed. i should really apologize... but i just can't get myself to face him.

"times up!" chan yelled at that moment, and we rushed to make our finishing touches. "stand by your snowman, i will judge them one by one."

i honestly thought the snowman hyunjin and i created was pretty good, so i wasn't worried.

"hmm, this one is okay," chan said, looking at ours.

"aye," i high-fived hyunjin.

"why does this one have a scarf on its head?" chan asked felix and seungmin.

"i heard seungmin say 'meori apeuda,'" felix explained. "so this snowman has bandages around its head like its head hurts."

"um, okay."

did seungmin's head hurt perhaps because he was upset about what i said yesterday?

"okay, jisung and dahyun are today's cooks!" chan announced.

"nooo! but our snowman is so good!" jisung defended.

dahyun threw a snowball at the snowman in anger.

"oh? snowball fight?" somi said.

"hell yeah!" felix shouted, throwing a snowball at hyunjin.

"you--"

hyunjin was cut off by another snowball hitting his arm.

"why me?" hyunjin wailed, scooping snow from the ground.

a huge snowball fight began, and our jackets were soon covered with snowflakes.

i threw a snowball at seungmin by accident, and when he looked at me it was really awkward.

sigh, i really have to apologize soon.

☆☆☆

later in the evening, jisung and dahyun were in the kitchen because they lost the snowman contest.

well, chan had to join too because he was worried they would accidenally burn down the guesthouse.

"can someone make a quick trip to the market down the street?" chan asked. "we need some cheese."

"i'll go," seungmin offered right away.

"unnie, you should go with him and apologize on the way," somi whispered to me.

okay, i got this.

"i'll go too," i said, following seungmin outside.

so... i came with him to apologize, but how do i start?

i could only hear the cars zooming by on the street as we walked.

"aren't you cold?" seungmin broke the silence.

"i'm okay," i said.

both of us were just staring straight ahead, it was really awkward.

ugh, what do i say? sorry, i just got too jealous thinking of how much you care about chaewon? then what? would he even accept my apology?

"i'm sorry," seungmin said, suddenly.

??? why's he apologizing?

this story is coming to an end :(