14 | first snow

chaewon, seungmin, and i had changed back into our normal clothes and returned the hanbok to the rental shop.

the weather was still rainy.

"do you guys have to go somewhere now?" chaewon asked all of us.

"um, renjun and i, yeah," i said.

"oh! okay, of course, yes," chaewon nodded. "i'll leave with seungmin until we find somewhere that sells umbrellas so he can buy one too."

"yeah okay."

"we're gonna go now," renjun said. "see you guys at school!"

"did you eat lunch yet?" i asked as i walked with renjun under his umbrella.

"no, and i'm hungry," renjun said. "let's go eat."

☆☆☆

we agreed on hot pot as our lunch menu, and i was excited to eat as soon as i smelled it once we were inside the restaurant.

"dude, this is so good," i said, savoring the food.

"right? i come here like every week," renjun said. "i'm basically friends with the waiter."

"yo renjun!" the waiter approached our table.

"yo sicheng!" renjun said, giving a nod.

"is this your girlfriend?" sicheng said.

"yeah."

"hi," i greeted sicheng.

"hi, i'm dong sicheng."

"park minjoo."

"wow, renjun! you're all grown up now!" sicheng patted renjun's shoulder.

"haha," renjun sarcastically laughed.

"well, enjoy your lunch, you two!" sicheng said, leaving us.

"your friend is funny," i said.

"i'm funnier," renjun stated.

"no."

"yes."

"eat your rice."

"ye--what?"

i laughed.

dates with renjun were really fun. most of the time we were just joking around... it was almost like i was just hanging out with a very close friend.

wait, am i friendzoning him? but i'm already dating him, so i can't do that?

"why aren't you eating?" renjun snapped me out of my thoughts.

"oh, sorry," i said, picking up my chopsticks. "just thinking about something."

☆☆☆

it was already december, the last month of the year. there were only a few weeks of school left before winter break.

----------

tour group

somi: ok so we're meeting at the
guesthouse on dec 26th at noon