An Apology

Sonic sighed as he set his phone on his bed. Why does he have to apologize to a faker? Nah. He'd rather jump off a skyscraper, well it's not like he hasn't done that before.

The blue hedgehog dragged his feet as he walked to the kitchen to make some kind of food for Shadow, because everyone should know, you gotta have food for someone to forgive you. Now, Sonic just needed something basic, not too much, but not too little either, something like... a PB&J sandwich.. Nah. Too basic.

Spaghetti? Nah. Too hard to make.
A salad? Nope.
...Chili Dog! Yea, that should work.

Sonic got the materials he needed and started to cook.

-10 minutes later-
Sonic knocked on the bathroom door for the second time, yet without an answer. "Shadz, Shadow can ya open the door?"
A muffled response was heard. "L-Leave me alone." Then a couple of sniffs.
Sonic sighed. Well, might as well bust through the door. Or... I could maybe..
Sonic dug through has quills in search of a jewel, a Chaos emerald. After a few seconds of searching, the hedgehog pulled out a purple Chaos emerald. "Eureka!"

Sonic raised it into the air and mumbled the magic words "Chaos Control." And he found himself in the bathroom with a crying Shadow.

Sonic rushed to Shadow's side, hugging him. Shadow stiffened from the sudden contact and immediately pushed Sonic away from him.

"I said le-leave m-me alone.." Shadow's voice cracked like he was about to cry again. Sonic set the chili dog he brought on the tub, right beside Shadow.

Shadow looked at the food from the corner of his eyes. "I don't need your pathetic chili dog." He spat, stabbing a chaos spear into the chili dog, making some chili splatter on Sonic.

Sonic stared at the ruined chili dog and raised his head up to glare at Shadow. "I tried to apologize to you because Tails told me to, I never wanted to say sorry to you, but Shadow the Hedgehog apparently is too good for apologies. I hope you have a great time in this bathroom." Sonic death glared at Shadow and made his way to the door.

Sonic's words hurt like Shadow like a knife to the heart. Who was he kidding? Sonic was trying his best, but he just stepped on Sonic's apology like a doormat. Shadow looked up at Sonic, seeing him about to the close the door. "Sonic, wait!" But Sonic never heard Shadow's yell, because the door slammed before he even got the chance to hear Shadow.

Shadow's ears lowered in sadness and defeat. Sonic really hates him that much? He can admit, he has been kinda of a jerk to Sonic.

Shadow grabbed the almost empty tub of chocolate icecream and stepped out the tub. He opened the bathroom door and trudged to his dark room. He needed time to think. Darkness always helps him think.

He hasn't been the best of hedgehogs to Sonic, honestly Shadow treats Sonic like dirt on a sidewalk, it's not supposed to be there, but it's just there.

C'mon Shadow.

Just think.

Think.

Concentrate...

What should I say?

Most importantly..

What should I do?

-