The Hole

GreenHillRun: Want to hear another story? It's something that happened to me and Shadow.

Silvurr: Sure. Why not.

GreenHillRun: It all goes like this. It was something that happened to me and Shadow..

-

Sonic walks into the house Shadow and Sonic shared, and sees Shadow on the sofa drinking out of a mug.

“Shadow, have you seen my phone?” The blue hedgehog asked.

“The blue one with a Pizza Hut popsocket on the back of it?” Shadow asked, watching Sonic approach him.

“Yea.” Sonic said.

“Pretty sure it fell in the hole.” Shadow deadpanned, looking at the flashing box of images we humans call a television.

“What hole- Oh my god!” Sonic stopped and gaped at the hole as the camera dramatically zoomed into it while shaking. Hey. I'm the author here and I don't see how there's any cameras. “What is that?”

“It's a hole.” Shadow stared at the TV.

“Uh, yeah, I can see that. But what's it doing there?” Sonic impatiently said.

“Well. I woke up this morning.." Shadow proceeded to take a long sip from his mug, which seemed like he did it for hours. “And there was a hole.”

“What are you going to do about it?”

“Well, I put a bunch of my guns over it.” The camera zoomed into the hole dramatically again. Again with the cameras I see?

“Yeah, they fell in the hole.” Shadow laughed.

“Should we call the police or something?” Sonic walked over to the house phone.

“Oh, yeah. I called the police, yeah.” Shadow shrugged.

“Well, where are they?” Sonic looked under the coffee table Shadow had his feet propped up on.

“They're in the hole.” Shadow said in a bored voice, and again the camera zooms into the hole dramatically.

“...Where is your girlfriend...?” Sonic narrowed his eyes at Shadow.

“..................”

“Shadow. Where is your girlfriend?" Sonic said in a serious tone, stepping infront of the television.

“She's at work.” Shadow said, trying to see the TV from behind Sonic.

“Ohhh.” Sonic mentally sighed in relief. “Where does she work?”

“In the hole.” The camera zoomed into the hole again for like the fourth time.

“GOD.” Sonic said in pure shock. “How deep even is this thing?” Sonic snatches Shadow's red and black mug and drops it in the hole, watching it fall. Shadow stared at Sonic like he had grown a neck for the first time.

“That was my favorite mug.” Shadow deadpanned. “And now it's in the hole.”

“Shadow, do you even know what this is?” Sonic asked Shadow, who shrugged. “Like for all we know, it could be an interdimensional wormhole or a gateway to hell.” Sonic pointed at the random demon who was flipping both of them off. Sonic shook his head and began to speak again. “Or.. Shadow?” Shadow was somehow missing from the couch and all that was left from his prescene was an empty bag of Chaos snacks.

“Shadow?!”

“SHADOW!”

Shadow walked into the room casually eating some Skittles. “Hey, what's up, I got a snack." Shadow popped one into his mouth. Sonic gave him a frown. “Shadow, will you please take this seriously?”

Suddenly a yellow fox plushie with stitches on it and a red gem hanging from its head came out of the hole and grabbed Sonic's leg. Sonic looked at the plush in fear. “AHHHHHH! WHAT IS THAT-” Sonic screamed as Shadow took out his glock with a blank expression and started shooting it until it died and fell back into the hole.

Sonic breathed heavily as Shadow blew his gun. “What was that?”

Shadow stuffed the gun back into his quills. “Tails Doll.”

“Where did it come from?” Sonic asked, regaining his oxygen again. Shadow gave him a 'are you fucking serious' face.

Sonic facepalmed. “Right. Yeah, the hole. Dude. Why are you being so calm about this?!”

Shadow pointed at something behind Sonic. “I'm more worried about that Sonic.Exe guy.”

“What Sonic.Exe guy?” The camera zoomed into Sonic's face. Sonic suddenly was grabbed and snatched by a giant gloved hand. “Gahh!” Sonic was snatched into a red portal of some sort.

Shadow stared at him blankly. “That one.” Shadow reached in his quills and pulled out Sonic's phone. “Oh, here it is!” Shadow's mood seemed to brighten up. The camera zoomed into Shasow, making him drop the phone. “Oh shit!” The camera zoomed into him again, and Shadow got irritated and chaos speared the camera.

-
(The Hole by TomSka)