Ryder's True Potential

Also congrats to @SandNinjaGS for naming Lloyd and Kira's daughter Ashley.

I'm not revealing Kai and Skylor's kid's name yet.

Also this is based almost 3-4 years after Ninjago Generations, so the kids are a bit older now.

Enjoy the new series!

_____________________

Ryder's P.O.V.:

I just woke up to my little sister's crying. I put my pillow over my head and tried to drown her out, but it didn't work. I could still hear 3 year old Ashley crying her little heart out.

"Ashley!" I screamed annoyed. "Shut up I'm trying to sleep!"

Then my mom busted into the room. Dad and Grandma were behind her, with my father holding the baby.

"Ryder, give your sister a break." Mom said. "She's feeling sick today."

"Ashley, Ashley, Ashley. It's all about Ashley!" I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry son, we'll play with you later ok?" Dad said.

"Yeah right." I crossed my arms and rolled over in my bed.

"Just give him time." I heard Grandma tell my parents. "He'll come around."

With that all three of them left. I wanted to run away. My family doesn't want me anymore, so why should I stay? They don't care about me, I feel like I'm invisible. Like they can't even see me.

That was when I took my book bag and packed the essentials. A change of clothes, a few snacks, a flashlight, my cell phone and charger, and a twenty dollar bill I found on the table as I was leaving. My parents were so busy with Ashley, they never even noticed me leave. Typical.

I took my bike and I headed down the monastery's really long staircase. Then I managed to get all the way to Ninjago City. It was getting dark out so I turned on my flashlight and tied to the front of my bike to use as a headlight.

I didn't know where I was going, but I wanted to get away. I didn't care where, I just wanted to feel wanted.

Then my phone started ringing so I stopped and looked at it. It was my dad probably wondering where I was. I ignored it and let it ring, but then my mom called. You never ever hang up on my mom. So I put the phone up to my ear.

"Don't worry about me, I'm spending the night at a friends house. Ok bye." I immediately hung up.

I did not like lying to my parents, but if it gets them off my back, then it's better than them worrying about me all the time.

My mother tried to call me back, but then I blocked her number, along with my dad and grandma's. I just didn't want to talk to them right now.

I kept going on my bike until the flashlight ran out of batteries. I didn't think to bring extra batteries! Why didn't I do that?!

I kept riding in the darkness of the city until I saw a neon sign that I recognized. It read Laughy's Karaoke Bar. I remember my father telling me stories about this place.