Jax's True Potential

Jax's P.O.V.:

"Hey Mom, can I go take a walk around the neighborhood please?" I asked my mom as she was doing the dishes.

"Sure Jax, just take your phone with you and be back by dinner."
My mom said.

"Ok thanks." I said.

I walked off to the forest behind my house where I set up my secret ninja training course. I had built it myself and it was great because it was mine. Neither of my parents knew about it and the only one who knew was my twin sister Lily.

My parents didn't like me running away, so every time I would come out here I would tell them that I was going on a walk or to my cousins' house a block away. My parents didn't want me or my sister to become a ninjas because it was, quote on quote, "too dangerous" for us. I didn't care though, being a ninja sounded awesome to me, not to mention I was awesome at it!

My parents were both incredible inventors, and that's why I wanted to try my hand at inventing too. It's part of the reason I made the training course. I had a bag of old pillows hanging from a tree branch I used as a punching bag, a bunch of old tires on the ground to test my agility, and I had an old scarecrow as a training dummy. It wasn't state of the art by any means and it didn't compare to the one my friend Ryder had at his place, but it was mine and I was proud of it.

I played around on it a little and was in the middle of running through the tires on the ground when I tripped on the last tire.

"Figures you would be out here." I heard a voice come from behind me. It was my sister.

"What's it to you sis?" I said to Lily.

"You know Mom and Dad don't want us to become ninja." Lily reminded me.

"I know, but it just sounds like so much fun." I said as my sister helped me up.

There was a small scrape on my knee from hitting the tire, but it was no big deal. With how rambunctious I am, pain only bothered me when it was really serious. I broke my arm once when I was eight by falling out of a tree, so since then pain never bothered me. My mom says I get that from my Uncle Kai.

"How do you plan to explain that to Mom?" My sister pointed to the scrape on my knee.

"Easy I'll just tell her I tripped." I shrugged.

"But isn't that lying?"

"Not exactly, I mean I DID trip." I said.

"You know what I mean Jax." Lily rolled her eyes. "Now come on, Mom said it's time for dinner."

"Ok." I said.

I followed Lily back to the house and we set down for dinner.

"So Jax, how was your walk?" Lily asked, smirking at me.

Why does my sister make everything so difficult?! She always did this every time she knew I lied to my parents. Lily thought just because she was a mere 8 minutes older than me that she always knew best. Spoiler alert, she doesn't.

"My time outside was fine, thank you." I said.

Technically I wasn't lying, I was outside. She gave me a look and I smirked back.

"Ok, what are you not telling us?" My mom crossed her arms and looked at me. Getting a loophole like that past my dad was easy, but Mom could always tell.