Amber's True Potiential

Amber's P.O.V.:

I was on a camping trip with my dad, Mr. Cole, and Allison while my mom was at home with my little brothers. My dad and Mr. Cole knew what great friends Allison and I were, so they were always taking us places together like this.

Although if I was honest with myself, I saw Allison as a little more than a friend. I didn't know what it was but I felt a connection with her. But a girl can't fall in love with another girl, can they? Wait, was I in love with her? Is that why I felt so weird around her?

We were hiking up mount Ninjago when we reached a small flat opening in the forest.

"Alright guys lets set up here for the night." Mr. Cole said as he put down his huge backpack.

"Good idea." My dad agreed. "Come on girls, let's set up the tent."

"Ok. Come on Amber." Allison said.

"Oh, uh alright." I said snapping out of my deep thoughts.

All four of us set up the tents, one of them for the boys and another one for me and Allison. Once it got dark my dad lit up a campfire. We set around it and we all told stories, made s'mores, sung songs, you know the normal camping stuff. Then we all got in our tent and went to sleep.

"Amber?" I felt someone shaking me awake. "Amber wake up."

"Mom, we talked about this, if the sun isn't up then I'm not either." I said in my sleep.

"I'm serious Amber come on." She said.

I looked up and it was Allison. "Allison, what's going on?" I said still half asleep.

"Shh!" She shushed me. "Do you hear that?"

I stopped moving as the place fell silent. I heard the sound Allison was talking about. It sounded like hissing and slithering, I knew that sound.

"Serpentine." I looked at her and she nodded. "Should we wake up our parents?"

"We could, or we could have a little fun." She got that look on her face.

"I like what you're thinking." I smirked. "Let's go kick some snake butt!"

"Do snakes even have butts?" She asked.

"That question will never be answered my friend." I shook my head. "Now let's be ninja!"

"Amberson against the world!" We shouted together. That was a bff name we had come up with that was a combination of both names in one.

We did our signature bff high five and I started feeling butterflies in my stomach. Maybe she was more than a friend to me, but I didn't know if she felt the same way. If I told her how I felt and she didn't like me like that, would it ruin our friendship? I definitely didn't want to risk that.

I ignored my feelings and Allison was about to open the tent when the sound got louder. I opened the flap so there was a just big enough opening for us to look through. It was just as we suspected. The serpentine were storming all over our campsite and I saw one of them over by our parents' tent. He opened the flap and threw some kind of smoke bomb into their tent. We heard coughing and gagging and eventually fell silent and I saw them pull their bodies out of the tent.

"Ssshould we get the kidsss too?" One of the snakes asked a larger snake that must've been their boss.

"No, the massster said that ssshe only needed thessse two." The snake answered. "Thossse kidsss are usssselessssss."