XXIII

Here is your and Tom's interview with James Cordon! I hope you like him, lol.

this is a super long chapter, I do apologize.

James is the first one on stage, saying hello to the audience and doing proper introductions. "Woah, full house tonight," he laughs. "As many of you know, tonight I will be doing an interview and playing a game with Spider-Man actor Tom Holland and his newly released to the public girlfriend, Y/F/N Y/L/N. Please, help me welcome them to the stage!"

Tom carefully places his hand on your lower back, avoiding the antenna on your microphone pack that's hooked on to the back of your skirt. Your heels click against the stage, and you do your best to try to avoid eye contact with the crowd. You and Tom sit next to each other on a love seat. You cross your legs and folds his at the ankles. Not knowing what to do with your hands, you fold them and place them in your lap.

"Well, you're quite the sight for sore eyes." James smiles, and you can't help the blush that rises to your cheeks - letting out a flustered laugh as you look down at your lap.

"Better watch yourself mate, that's my girl you're talking about."

James laughs, looking out at the audience before to Tom. "You're right, sorry."

"All good," he smiles.

"So, you two have been dating for how long now?"

Tom looks at you with an eyebrow raised and you give him a little nod, gladly letting him take over the question. "Uh let's see here... we had been talking a month prior to meeting for the first time, which has been made known to the public that was a total accident and we were actually blindsided by Y/N's best friend at the company she worked for."

"That must have been really had for you, how long had you known her before the incident?" James is talking directly to you now, and you let out a little sigh.

"She was my best friend all throughout high school and college, so when I found out she had turned us into my boss - I was heartbroken."

"And rightfully so, I'd say! That's not cool. How've things been since then?"

"We've talked maybe three times, making sure we got all of our belongings back to each other. It was very much like a breakup - lots of tears, lots of apologies, lots of begging for forgiveness - and it's just," you shrug. "I'm too tired to fight at this point, I know she's sorry and I forgave her, but I've got a life in the spotlight now and I didn't even get to decide if that's what I actually wanted or if I was ready for it."

"I see," James hums. "We'll get back to that in just a minute - Tom, did you have more to add?" he raises a brow, adjusting himself in his swivel chair that sits behind a large wooden desk.

"That interview was about a month ago, and a deal was made and we made sure that the interview wouldn't be released for at least a month so we could have time to, y'know, actually date. Then the interview was made public two or three days ago, and well, here we are." Tom easily picks up where he left off and extends a hand to squeeze the are above your knee knowingly. He knows it bothers you to talk about this, he knows how you feel about your relationship in the spotlight - he knows how you feel when you have to talk about Cecilia.

"Well, at least you guys had that month! You went on a few dates and stuff, right?" at the question, you let out a little giggle. You turn to face Tom, a smile bright on your face.

"Tom and I went out probably every other night last month." you look out at the audience, heart racing. For a moment, you had forgotten about them. But they're still there, all quiet and staring at you. You feel like your back in high school doing a presentation, and god forbid there be something in your teeth. You had Tom check though, like three times before you went on stage. "He made up a years worth of dates in the shortest amount of time possible."