6. The Midoriyas {Revised}

Izuku released a small sigh as he lowered his now shut off phone and pocketed it in his bag.

After talking to Aizawa about accepting the offer, he could feel the adrenaline that was previously pumping through his veins begin to dissipate. That confrontation with Bakugo had riled him up and caused him to act pretty rashly. He just ended up calling Aizawa in the heat of the moment.

Izuku had barley stumbled out of the school gates before dialing the number present on the black business card. He wasn't thinking clearly and could guarantee that his voice probably shook a few times from the sheer will of holding back tears.

However, Izuku finds that he probably would have accepted the job anyway. So it's not as if it was necessarily a bad thing. Aizawa must've known what he was doing, letting him feel out the atmosphere and environment before simply thrusting him into an unfamiliar place outside of Izuku's comfort bubble.

In hindsight it actually makes sense. Aizawa seemed like the reserved type of person who also dislikes being uncomfortable and unwelcome. It's one of the reasons as to why he refuses to make appearances on media or talk shows if he has the choice.

But even so, Izuku couldn't help as he walked along the sidewalk with a distraught look on his face, keeping his head down. His hand gripping the backpack strap in his hand tightly enough as to turn his knuckles white as his mind drifted back to his old friend (if you could even call him that). His steps grew heavier as regret and guilt started to cloud his mind.

...

Izuku hated the fact that he blew up at Katsuki like he did. It's not like him to lose his temper or better yet snap at somebody. Don't get him wrong, he didn't regret a single thing that he said in the slightest. He'd been keeping all those feelings pent up for years and would be lying if he didn't state that a weight had been lifted from his chest.

But that relief alone doesn't make Izuku proud of how he acted. It was very harsh of him and he himself hates yelling in general, let alone being yelled at. Not to mention yelling at Katsuki Bakugo, which will probably result in him getting beaten into a bloody pulp some later date. However, that was a problem for future Izuku. Right now he was just going to go home and make a nice cup of coffee to counter balance all the tea he drank earlier that day from being introduced to Nezu.

Izuku had experience drinking quite a lot before hand (legally), but even he couldn't deny his screeching bladder after a visit with the furry white animal. Truth be told he did drink alot of coffee beforehand, so he'd have to make a mental note the next time he visited the mouse-bear hybrid for their "tea date".

"Hey Iida, let me show you that one move I was talking to you about earlier! The one that Mina taught me, it's like a running leap or something like that!"

"Uraraka, I advise you to watch your step and slow down. Look where you are going before you hurt yourself!!!"

"Don't worry, I can take care of myse-"

At that moment the bubbly girl broke Izuku's mental ramblings as she stumbled into him. He had just enough time to turn around slightly before he was met with someone hurtling towards him, limbs flying and all.

Without hesitation, he clumsily caught the girl in an attempt to keep her, and himself, from hitting the hard ground. He however, still ungraceful stumbled from the impact and let out am embarrassingly timed startled yelp as he tried to stabilize the both of them.

"A-are you alright?" The short brown haired girl questioned after a few seconds of silence.

Izuku, who was caught off guard during the whole thing, finally met his eyes to her warm brown ones that were filled to the brim with worry. "S-Shouldn't I be asking you that?! I'm perfectly fine" he stuttered in confusion, and slight concern.