🎄Christmas Special🎄A Party Worth Attending

The papers that covered my desk slowly began to shrink as the hours ticked by. It was like most days when the students were gone. In fact I have been doing this everyday since UA let out for Christmas break. Sad I know. Making sure every thing is ready for the kids once they come back after new years is something that's beyond the comprehension of most.

Despite my atituide and 'kill joy' mood, I really do care for those kids. Some I'd even go as far to call my ow-  I shook my head when I remembered there smiling faces as they wished me well for the holidays. I need to focus, I scolded myself looking at the clock.  It was already 4:30, I should have been done hours ago.

I groan out once more. Everyone else has already left or is blowing off their work in general(*cough* Mic *cough*) I was the only one left in the building, counting aside Nezu who stays in his office, and spending Christmas eve alone at night working on paper work was not ideal. Not that I would have had an eventful time anyway.

"Mr. Aizawa? Are you still here"

Alone... aside from Midoriya.

I groaned in annoyance as the kids mess that he calls hair pops into my peripheral vision.

He insists on coming to check on me every. Single. Day.

"Unfortunately I am " I sighed not looking up from my work.  Yes, i did hire him to help with this sort of problem when I'm swamped with work, but I just couldn't bring myself to derive him from a break, he's been working hard and this is me showing my gratitude... well it would be if he would stop showing up to check on me.

  I snapped out of my thoughts when the clank of glass met wood infront of me. I nearly forgot the kid of the hour was here himself. I gave a small grunt and pushed my work aside for now, resting my chin in my hand I stared up at the 15 year old in anticipation with a brow raised. The two glass mugs placed on my desk were soon filled with eggnog. Midoriya placed the carton to the side and pulled up a chair.

A tender hand lifted a glass and he held it up expectantly. "Merry Christmas" He smiled lazily.

I pick up mine and a soft ching ran through the silent room. "It's actually Christmas Eve but I'll let it slide" I stated with a small smirk that was being hidden behind my eggnog filled glass.

"Oh whatever" the younger rolled his eyes while taking a sip. "At least pretend to act happy" he huffed.

"Oh but on the contraire, how can I when I was so certain you would leave me alone today"

Midorya gave a small shake of the head "That's a lie, no one wants to be alone on Christmas"

"Eve"

"Does it really matter that much to you??"

"Not really"

"Then why are you so insistent!?"

"It's pay back for bothering me"

"Oh har har wise guy, I know you felt lonely, don't act like you weren't"

"Hmm... I'm not obliged to answer that"

"My point exactly"

I chuckled warmly and downed another sip of my festive drink.

Hm... No one wants to be alone on Christmas eh?

Well, In some cases, I guess he may be correct, but for someone like me I couldn't say. Honestly Christmas was nothing more than a day that could be enjoyable if you have people to spend time with, but when you don't it feels depressing as hell. I personally am not a fan of such events... but I'm not a good candidate to share my opinion, considering I haven't spent Christmas with anyone in quiet a long time.