13. I'm So Sorry Izuku

The day was warm and bright. The Midoriya household residents held high spirits for the joyous day as the mother sees her son off to work. He waves back with a massive grin and began booking it to the school.

Inko held in a chuckle when her son almost tripped over himself, but she composes her self and sends him off with a sweet farewell that only she could here.

When she closed the door, the small woman let out a light sigh and began to prepare herself for work.

Ever since Izuku began working, Inko has been forced to acknowledge that her son only seemed to be growing up more and more.

Seeing him accomplish what once used to be a dead dream seemed to being more joy into his life, and that in itself was the only thing that mattered to her after his traumatic childhood incident.

Back then they lost alot of money, and Izuku blamed himself for everything that happened, despite Inko telling him there was nothing he could have done to predicted the accident.

Even if it seemed like the times have healed her son, she knew that he was never truely the same after that. But when he was hired at U.A., Inko couldn't believe it. She was oh so very proud of him. Even if life was cruel and painful, even if it didn't hold back, her baby boy was strong enough to push past the pain and towards a better future for them both.

And it was her turn to properly play her part as a supportive mother. And to make her son the one who was proud of her.

She smiled and shoved on a jacket right before shouldering her purse. Inko was not even a step out of the door before her phone began to ring.

_______________

"Midoriya"

"Y-yes!"

Izuku poked his head from over the desk to meet the tired gaze of his boss.

"Take these papers to Nezu's office, after that your free to take a quick lunch break. As long as you're back before class starts, I don't care what you do."

"Yes sir, thank you" Midoriya bowed and grabbed the stack of papers, that Aizawa gestured to during his explination, and walked out into the hallways. He shuffled quickly to Nezu's office and took a deep breath before using his built up courage to knock on his door. A soft "Come in" replied nearly seconds later, and he pushed open the door.

Nezu set down his cup of tea onto his desk, that appeared ten times bigger compared to the U.A. principal himself, and offered Izuku a small smile. "Ah Midoriya! What a pleasant surprise." He hummed and folded his arms in his lap.

"Can I help you young man?"

Izuku nodded and began awkwardly walking over to hand over the documents. "M-Mr.Aizawa wanted me to deliver these" the curly hair boy spoke shyly.

Nezu reached over and scanned over the papers as he shuffled through them. "Oh! Well isn't this just perfect, I was actually just wondering about when I would get these back. Thank you very much Midoriya, this is most certainly obliged" Nezu nodded and set them aside.

"It was no problem, principal si-"

"Please Midoriya, call me Nezu." He shook his head.

"Right, sorry N-Nezu" he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "I guess I'm still getting used to all of this"

"Oh it's no trouble at all" he laughed. "Mind taking a seat and joining me for tea? I have snacks too" he hummed.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude..."

"Oh don't be silly! I quite enjoy the company. Everyone around here can get a bit boring sometimes" he sighed and Izuku sat down on the plush chair infront of Nezu who was pouring Midoriya a cup of tea from a kettle.