II.

She stood there in her khaki shorts, navy blue and white polka dot, silk blouse with her shoulder blades exposed, and in a pair of wedges with her toenails painted yellow. Her earrings and necklace were also yellow.

Karin was a senior at Mapleley and a sorority girl. She had done all four years at this same school. She was a beautiful redbone with beautiful long black curly hair. She had the smile of a celebrity and long, natural eyelashes. Boy those eyelashes are what got me as I saw her standing in line ready to purchase two books in the MC Bookstore.

Today, I didn't look too bad myself. I normally tried to stay saucy; but today, because I was just trying to learn where my classes were and learn a little bit more about the campus, I was sort of "dressed down."

I wore a pair of red Addidas Tiro sweat pants with the three white stripes going down the side of the leg; a regular white t-shirt; a pair of red and white Addidas high tops; and a red polo hat with a blue horse. I wore an earring in both ears that dangled a small sterling silver cross; and I wore an assortment of brown, braided leather bracelets on my wrist.

She eyed me as I walked into the bookstore as she waited in line. She pretended to be looking around as if she had forgotten something. Nonetheless, I knew she was checking me out the whole time. I didn't have a problem with that.

Soon, Karin stepped out of line and meandered her way directly to the aisle I was on. She turned in the direction I was turned and picked up a book off the shelf. (I knew she didn't need that book—Agriculture and Farming? Yeah, she definitely didn't come off as that type of major). She flipped the book over to the back and inched a little closer to her left towards me. I didn't budge. I was just going to see how this was going to play out. 

She then inched a little closer. Only this time she even now turned her back toward me. As she continued to "read the back of the textbook," she backed up a little more, barely bumping into me.

"Oops!" She turned around towards me, holding the book in one arm to her chest, placing one hand out in front of her. "I'm sooo sorry, excuse me."

I couldn't help but smile. It was cute how she'd just played that whole thing off. 

"It's ok." I replied. "I'm Garrett—" I extended my hand toward her. "—Nice to meet you."

She placed her soft, velvety hands in mine, delicately. "I'm Karin—" she smiled that beautiful smile that I'm sure cost her dad a pretty penny to maintain. "It's nice to meet you, too."

And that was the beginning of me and Karin.