3: The Giant Robots

Faria grinned under her mask. Another race, this time with Vince in his normal car, Jack in the yellow and black camaro Faria had noticed the other day, and the red Aston Martin she had raced with a few nights back. Faria couldn't wait. This was going to be amazing. How did she find out about the race? Well....

"If you think you can run with the big boys, the circuit- Tonight, 11 pm", Vince tells Jack in a very threatening manner. Faria nearly leaped for joy at the details for the next race. Vince had refused to tell her the details, and she was so excited that he accidentally told her the details.

Faria's grin grew ever wider as the announcer got onto the intercom. "Circuit drivers, are you ready?!"

Faria focused on the street in front of her and saw one of the girls from the race out by Trucker's Ranch standing there. Was she... starting the race?

"Make it mean, but keep it clean!" the announcer says. He started the countdown and Faria got ready to blast her way into first. When the girl put her arms down, Faria floored it, but... There were three cars in front of her. Jack, Vince, and the red Aston Martin. Faria gaped as the red Aston Martin swerved into Vince's car, causing Vince to slow down a bit. She growled, not happy with the red racer, but continue to slowly come close to them. However, she was shocked when both Jack and the red Aston Martin started to drive on the side of the ramp.... She was even more shocked at the fact that the red Aston Martin was now shooting at Jack. 'What is going on?' she thought to herself. 'Do they have a history or something?'

Faria watched as they left the circuit but shook her head, pushing them out of her head. 'I will come in first place.'

However, that wasn't going to happen due to how close Vince was getting. Eventually Faria just let him pass her, knowing she'll catch up later. Only... a few minutes later, and they both came to a stop when they saw the yellow and black camaro with Jack sitting in the car under an overpass. Faria frowned, but chose to stay in her car, knowing her limp would give her identity away. Vince, however, had no qualms about approaching Jack and thus got out of his car to yell at Jack. When he started to yell at Jack, Faria started to ignore him, until she heard this weird.... gears... shifting... type thing... Faria looked up above the overpass to see a giant metal red robot grab Vince before... transforming into the red Aston Martin. 'Seriously?' Faria thought. 'This... this better have a good explanation.'

Faria watched as Jack ran up the hill to watch the Aston Martin speed away. Groaning, she decided she would keep an eye on him, throwing away her chance to win first place. Besides, she wanted to make sure that Vince got home safely. She was extremely surprised when Jack's car moved on its own up the hill. Faria heard honking and turned to look in a separate direction, and saw two other vehicles come up behind the camaro. Faria gaped when she recognized them as the other two vehicles she had studied the other day. Her eyes widened at the sight of them transforming into giant robots, just like the Aston Martin. She couldn't hear them, but she could tell that Jack and the small blue one were arguing. Finally, they all transformed, and Jack got on his motorcycle. They start to drive away and once they were a good distance away, Faria followed. She watched as they drove through the streets of Jasper, looking for the slick Aston Martin.

She let out a soft gasp when the Aston Martin drove past the three vehicles in front of her rather quickly. They followed the car a ways before the motorcycle pulled to the side and dropped Jack off. Faria stayed a ways away from them, pulling over to the side of the road where she could see where the robot cars had turned as well as being able to see Jack. After a few minutes, the red Aston Martin appeared again, but this time with the blue robot on his hood. Faria watched as the red car swerved and threw the blue robot off. However, the blue robot used this momentum to transform and take off after the Aston Martin. Faria chose to follow them and soon found herself on the highway, speeding after the two robot cars. However, she was extremely surprised when a red and blue semi-truck appeared out of no where and slammed into the red Aston Martin, causing the red car to swerve of the road and almost off a cliff. Faria watched in amazement as the red and blue semi also transformed into a robot and started walking over to them. Unfortunately, this led to her getting distracted and she sped right past the blue motorcycle and close to the robot, before slamming on the brakes as she watched him rip off the door of the red Aston Martin, before pulling out Vince. She watched as the red car transformed into a robot, cradling his arm, where the door would have been. The Aston Martin glares at the red and blue robot, before seeing the other three vehicles coming up. The red robot transforms back into the Aston Martin, and speeds away. Faria tried to leave as well, but a stern glance from the red and blue robot told her to stay. Sighing, she got out of her car, and leaned against it, watching two of the three other robots walk up to the red and blue robot, blocking her exit. Jack was currently in the vehicle form of the yellow and black robot.

"Optimus, this was my fault", Jack says. Faria rolls her eyes. 'Really, I never would have guessed that...'

"We must get this boy to safety immediately", the red and blue robot says "Explanations can come later... From all of you." All of the robots look down, guilt shining in their eyes. I frown underneath my mask. 'Were they not supposed to be racing?'

The red and blue robot helps Jack place Vince into the passenger seat of the yellow and black camaro, and they drive away. Meanwhile, Faria was stuck with the other three robots. She smiles up at them, though they couldn't see it.

"So... how are y'all?"

The red and blue robot raises an eyebrow. "What is your name, young one?"

Faria frowns. "First of all, I'm not young. I'm a legal adult here in the US. Second of all, I go by Viper. I suspect the small blue robot recognizes me from when we raced yesterday."

The small blue robot nods, and red and blue raises an eyebrow as he looks at the small blue robot. Faria moves to get into her car, but the red and blue robot stops her.

"Where are you going?"

"Home", Faria replies. "My friend will be worried if I'm not back soon." Before the robot could say anything else, Faria had climbed in her car and sped off, not wanting to stay and listen to them talking. She was freaking out inside. 'Giant. Robots. In. Jasper. Nevada. That just doesn't happen! I'm going to avoid them at all costs.'

Faria drove around town a bit to make sure she didn't have any tails, knowing that if they found her house, they could discover her real identity. Once she arrived home, she quickly hid her car in the garage, and raced as fast as she could to her room, taking off her mask as she does so. She takes out her messy high ponytail, and stares at herself in the mirror she had in her room. Letting out a brief sigh, she quickly changed into pajamas, hiding her racing clothes in a box in her closet. With that she collapsed on her bed, and just lay there, thinking about the giant robots.

"What am I supposed to do? Should I tell anyone? No, they'd think I'm crazy", Faria says quietly to herself. Groaning, she rolled over to try and fall asleep, and get the thoughts of the giant robots out of her head.