21: New Recruit

After another two weeks, Bulkhead was finally up and moving, though weakly. Miko was helping Bulkhead exercise, and get better. He got frustrated easily, but he was still working on getting better. While Faria just was stuck sitting in her bed, though she was slowly getting better. There were still times when she became upset and wouldn't talk to anyone, but that was mainly when Ratchet would check up on her. Which was what was happening right now.

"Okay, Faria", Ratchet murmured, his holoform standing next to her bed. "How are you feeling today?"

Faria glared at him, and crossed her arms. "Depends on what you're talking about. Emotionally or physically? Because both are crappy."

Ratchet sighed. "Faria, I need you to work with me here."

Faria continued glaring at him, and held back tears as she spoke. "And I needed you. That's past tense. So you can go frag whatever you need, because my 'needed' trumps your 'need'. Leave me alone."

Ratchet stays silent before speaking quietly. "Faria, I'm sorry", he murmured. "I... I just want to help you."

Faria scoffed. "As if. I know you don't care about me."

Ratchet hangs his head softly before looking up, a professional look upon his face. "Does your gunshot wound hurt when you laugh, or shift?"

"No", Faria says. "But my heart hurts whenever you're near me or whenever I see you or whenever you talk to me. So can we hurry this up."

Ratchet sighs again. "We can hurry this up, if you will answer my questions quickly and honestly."

Faria rolled her eyes, and continued to glare at him. "Fine, fine."

Ratchet sighs. "Thank you. Now, can you sit up for me?"

Faria tried to do so, but winced in pain. She shook her head. "Not by myself, no."

Ratchet hesitated, before moving closer and helping her sit up. Her hair was a mess, though she could care less. However, she was shocked when Ratchet didn't move away immediately. She turned her head to see him staring at her nervously. She glared at him, causing him to move away quickly.

"Alright, I'm going to need to see the wound now", Ratchet muttered, his face a bright red. Faria sighed softly.

"If you want... Nurse Darby can do the check up when she gets here... You know she double checks what you already checked, so... I don't know why you check on me anyway."

Ratchet looks away. "I check up on you because you are my charge."

Faria sighed. "That probably won't last for very long... Once I'm healed... I don't think I'm going to come back here..."

Ratchet drew in a short gasp and looked at her. She refused to look at him, because she was holding back tears. She just stared at her blanket, and hid her face.

"I... I understand", Ratchet murmurs. A few moments later, Faria heard gears shifting and when she looked, Ratchet's holoform had disappeared and he had transformed. He was watching her for a moment, but as soon as their gazes connected, he looked away before walking away towards the back of base.

Faria sighed softly and closed her eyes, tears leaking out of them. 'Why can't you love me like I love you...?' It was along this line of thought that Faria laid back down, and fell asleep.

Ratchet was wandering the base before he leaned his back against the wall, and looked up to the ceiling. "Primus, why can't I tell her that I love her...? Why did I have to reject her in the first place?!"

Ratchet heard pedesteps coming towards him, and he saw Optimus who was smiling sympathetically at him. "You still haven't told her?"

Ratchet shook his helm. "How am I supposed to? She hates me at the moment."