Loveless

7/22/19- Just fixing this chapter up a bit

Happy (late) Fourth of July, hope you had a good day

———————————————————
Arc 1- child

Chapter 6
Loveless
———————————————————

Zalreth sighed at the sight of his brother being choked to death by their parents knowing firsthand to be a death wish if he ever tried that again, before turning his head slightly to see Thommirth who was looking down at his feet. He was the object of the pink prince's attention since he holds such important information to where he (Zal) was. The prince had his suspicion when he first saw him, thinking that he looked familiar but shrugged it off since he knows that the person he was thinking didn't have blond hair so he didn't think much of it. It was only when he was given a name did he finally realize where he was.

Zalreth is in a popular book series called "Loveless", but more specifically, the first book named "Angels Weep". It was well known for its love triangle between the heroine of the story and the two leading males as well as the "intriguing" plot that is said to have branched off of the usual stereotypes of the fantasy genre.

Bullshit is what he said after reading it.

There was nothing that made the story special nor did he ever felt that he could connect to the characters who were, in his opinion, dull and unlively as a rock. No, scratch that, even a rock had more life than those characters. There was no depth to them, no flaws that would have made them feel like they were alive in the mind of a reader and no limitations to show that even the strongest characters can be weak at one point or another.

Zalreth shook his head to clear his mind from drifting anymore and focused on his memories of the important parts of the story.

From what he could remember, the story was in the perspective of angel (our heroine named Seraphina) who sent herself down from the heavens to help the male lead (an elven prince by the name of Airdan Nerifir) slay the demon king and become the hero "chosen" by the gods under the illusion that she was a human priestess by the name of Sophia blanc and not some angelic "guide".

(RSG-Don't worry, you don't need to remember Sophia's angel name since it won't be said in the story much)

Remembering her role in the story left a bitter taste in his mouth which made his face change as if he were eating a lemon.

Plot holes were often seen in practically every page along with the unnecessary decisions that were made by her(Sophia) just to keep up her facade of being human to her party members, and she went through great lengths to try and keep that information from them.

Note the word try.

It was like she was begging to be suspected as an angel with her dense personality and her klutzy mannerisms. She was an angel for God's sake, not some kind of two year old with stiletto heels for feet and a brain the size of a pea.

The pink prince took a deep breath to calm himself, not wanting to rant anymore when he was supposed to be recapping his memories, but still felt the anger in his chest rise ever so steadily.

Anyway, to make a bad story short, it turns out in the end that the demon king is revealed to be his brother Dag'thog and it's also revealed the importance of there being a demon king. Unlike other kingdoms, subjects to the kingdom of Xirreadour are tied to the ruler spiritually and mentally. Almost, but not quite, like a hive mind. This way, it will allow any demon brave or stupid enough to kill the king to receive the benefits of the royal bloodline and rule the entirety of Xirreadour the way they see fit.