Chapter Two

Ayla walked down the stairway that lead into the city. She came to  the bottom and stopped in front of a person. He sat with a small table set up in front of them. Two large pillars stood on either side of them. He wore lighter clothes then Ayla but they wore no mask or cloak. He had the pointed ears of an elf but something about then seemed just different. He had dirty blond hair and light green eyes. He looked up and just looked, "Welcome ba-" They started but stopped when he saw Fingolfin, Fingon, and Aredhel.

Ayla pulled off her hood and mask. Short black hair fell down and she had light caramel colored skin. She smiled and said, "Ayla reporting in to the western gate."

"Yeah. I see that," he replied as he wrote something down on the small stack of papers that was in front of him.

"Right. Can't say I am not suprisded." He replied. "Well you better get to the palace, I'm sure his Majesty will want talk with you."

"I know but what happened to you and your protocol?" She asked.
"I still have it for you I just learnt to just write down I saw that you were alive and not missing anything important." He said

She rolled her eyes and said, "It'll take more then what I get assigned to kill me. Well see you around Luvon."

"Right. Bye Ayla...bye people who I don't know with Ayla." He said nodding at them as she lead them passed.

Once they were a bit away from him Fingon asked, "What was he doing?"

"Luvon? He's one of the guards of the western gate of this city. He protects the gate of the city, writes down who enters, and their business here." She said. "He may not seem like it but he's a very good fighter."

"Well if he's the only one guarding the gate he must be," Aredhel said.

"Well, he switches off with two other guards or at times he's assigned to guard one of the other gates." She said as she lead them through the streets which were bustling with elves and men who were not supposed to be awaken yet.

"Why don't you save your other questions for my king," she said seeing they were about to ask a question. They nodded and noticed they got a few stares but most just ignored them going about their business. Suddenly two a little kids came running up to Ayla. They looked like brother and sister. The girl was a few inches taller then the boy. Both had brown hair and round faces. The girl had deep chocolate eyes but her brother had light green eyes.

"Ayla! Your back!" She said excitedly. 

She chuckled and bent down. "Hey you both," she said giving them both a hug.

"Did you being us anything?" Her brother asked looking up at her.

"Sorry. Not this time guys, but I do have some cool stories to tell you." She said. It was the boy looked around Ayla up at Fingolfin, Fingon, and Aredhel. He made a slight face and asked, "Ayla. You have weird people following you."

She chuckled and said, "Elas. I know but I have to take these 'weird elves' to see the king."

"Oh...so your busy," His sister said frowning.

"Sorry guys. Yet, when I have time I'll tell some cool stories as well as get you any treat you want." She said.

"Promise?" They said together.

"Of course," She said. "Now go find your mom. She's going to get upset at you both for running off again."

"Okay. Bye Ayla." They said and ran off. Elas stopped an waved. "Bye weird people." After that he went running off.

"Weird?" Asked Fingon looking at her as she stood up.

"Well to us you seem a bit strange," She said. "We may look similar but we can tell your slightly different."

"How so?" Asked Aredhel looking at her.

"It's hard to explain, it's something we can just feel." She said as she lead them up to the gate of what they assumed is the kings home. It was by far the largest place in the city, it had a tall wall surrounding it and it was raised up to over look the city. There were guards on top of the wall surrounding it and two guarding the gate. They nodded to Ayla and let her pass no questions but they did give Fingolfin and his children a slight look.

She lead them then through the courtyard and through halls. They passed some people but not many. She was walking up a flight of stairs when a voice said, "If your looking for the king he's in a meeting in his study."

She stopped and looked to the window where an elf was learning against. Finglofin frowned slightly, he did not remember seeing them before. Yet, there they were.

"I didn't know you were back. I thought your trip would be longer." She said.

"I can say the same about you but as always it seems your attention was drawn elsewhere." He said looking at the elves with her. His eyes were narrowed slightly and he had an untrusting look in his eyes.

"Athtar, you very well I can complete my mission and it can change based on different circumstances." She replied.

He did not reply to that he just closed the book he had and said, "You should hurry and take them to meet with the king. Now, if you'll excuse me." With that he gave a very small nod and stalked off.

"He seems happy," Said Fingon.

"Don't take it personally. He dose not trust anyone," She said. She then lead them up the stairs and through the halls. She stopped outside a door that had a guard outside. She gave a nod to Ayla and said, "He's in a meeting with Lord Vakas. You may want to wait a bit."

"It's fine. Thanks though," Ayla said and walked into the study. Which was a large room that on one wall had three large windows. On the back of the room was floor to ceiling shelves with books and scrolls on it. There was a large desk in middle of the room with a large chair behind it. The other wall had another set of shelves but that was filled with other things. A table stood right before those shelves.

Ayla walked in and bowed to the king and said, "Sire. Kolvar. I have returned from my mission and as you can see. There was a change."

The king who was a tall elf with black hair and light green eyes. Yet, it was the elf who stood next to him who spoke first, "So the has been."

"Indeed," The king replied.

"Sire. This is Fingolfin and his children. Fingon and Aredhel. The rest of the their group is in the entrance of one of the western caverns." Ayla said.

"Thank you Ayla." The king said. He gestured to the chairs that were around the table. "Now. Let's sit, we have much to discuss. I would like to know why many elves are passing through my land."

"Yes and with respect. I would like to know why you are here. Who are all of you and why are there those from the race of men awake." Fingolfin said.

"You ask a valid question and I will answer you. Yet, first please sit first. I think we both have long tales to tell." He said.

The group sat down but Ayla went to stand by the door were another guard stood. "Would you like something to drink?" The king offers the three elves. They declined so he sat down and leaned back.

"If you do not mind. Why don't you start with your tale, from the beginning if you do not mind." The king said.