Chapter Four

Ayla leads Fingon and Aredhel through the streets. The streets she leads them along were bustling. Not only were there stores there were also carts filled with stuff. "Ayla!" A voice suddenly called out.

Ayla smiled and walked over to one of the carts that were filled with pieces of food. Esta. How are you?" She asked the older woman. The woman was human and she seemed a bit older. White steaked her hair and her face was slightly wrinkled but her blue eyes sparkled with life.

"I am fine. It's nice to see you about and oooh. A fine gentleman." Esta said looking at Fingon.

"Esta!" Ayla said her face going a bit pink. "That's not it. I am just showing them around the city and making some stops to help them out."

"Of course," Esta said with a slight grin. "Well while they are here." She added and grabbed something from the cart and handed it over and Aredhel took it.

"What are these?" Aredhel asked looking at the colorful thing in her hand.

"It's a sweet, it's called an Ice Crown," Esta said. "It's just some homemade candy."

"They are pretty good," Ayla said as Aredhel tried it. Her eyes widened as surgery taste exploded in her mouth. There was another odd taste that she could not place but it was really good.

"That's amazing," She said and turned to her brother and handed him a piece. "Here. Try this."

Fingon took it and he had a very similar reaction to it. "You made these?" He asked.

"Yep," Esta said. "Please take some while Ayla shows you around the city."

As Aredhel took some and put them in a small bag Ayla reached for her pocket. Esta stopped her and said, "They are on the house. Don't worry about it."

"Thank you, Esta." She said.

"Do not mention it," Esta said waving it off.

Ayla smiled and said, "Well we better be going."

Esta waved as Ayla lead the two away. Ayla smiled as she lead them further into the city. She was heading to Rilitar's shop and she was taking the way that they could see he most senery. The tall buildings that seemed to glow from the Freifite that hung like lanterns on strings that hung from building to building.

She then stopped put one shop and walked in through the open door. She head Aredhel and Fingon gasp as they walked in. Freifite hung from the ceiling but they hung in such a way where they shone through some glass which cast wondrous colors across the walls and ceiling. There was a few class cases in the store which had different things. From craved wooden figures to glass figures. There were jewelry made from Freifite and other stones. On another wall there was a very small collection of weapons. All the things on the store were carfully made with care. It was clear he owner of the store could rival Feanor in craft most likely.

"Hey. Rilitar! You in?" Ayla called.

"I'm in the back, just a moment." a voice called from a room that was behind the counter. After a few moments an elf walked out and greeted them. His elf had silver hair that was pulled back into a loss ponytail.  He had light blue eyes and a kind face. "Ayla. Always nice to see you...I'm sorry, I do not think have met before. Who are you two?" He asked looking at Fingon and Aredhel.

"I'm Fingon and this is Aredhel." Fingon said.

"I'm Rilitar Varon. Welcome to my shop," He said with a bow of his head.

"Rilitar. Do you have have a punch of Freifite pendents?" Ayla asked.

"How many are you thinking?" He asked.

"Just a bunch," She said. "I am not sure about a number."

He chuckled and said, "I believe I have a bunch in the back. Just hold on a moment."

Ayla nodded and leaned lightly against a display as he went back into other room that was being blocked by a long sheet. Aredhel was looking around at the different things that where in he store. She picked up this one small box the outside and careful carvings and on the bottom seemed to be a small nob. She twisted it but nothing happened. Ayla smiled and said, "Open it."

Ayla opened it and gasped as a gentle melody began. It was soft and filled her with hope that everything will be okay. Inside was a small figure that moved in a gentle circle. "What is this?" She asked.

"It's a music box," Rilitar said coming back holding a box and placing it on the counter.

"It's amazing," she said looking at it. "The music is amazing."

"Thank you, it took some time to make." He said.

"You made all of this?" Asked Fingon.

"Yeah. I am just a simple crafstmen. I make a bit of everything, I enjoy it." He said. He then looked at Ayla and said, "Alright. I was able to find a bunch."

Ayla nodded and took the box. "Alright how much for all of these?"

Rilitar shook his head and said, "I told you before there are some things I don't charge for. This is one of them."

Ayla was about to ask but she then realized what he meant. She shook her head and said, "Your heart is too big. You know that right?"

"I don't do create these things since I want money. I do it since I enjoy it." He replied.

"You made all of these since you enjoy creating?" Asked Fingon looking around.

"That's right." He said. Fingon just nodded and stopped and stared at a dagger in awe. The blade was long with a slight curved. It was made from a metal that made the blade look like silver. The dagger was a dark red wood with carful engravings along the side. There also was two stones both on each side of the dagger where the blade met he hilt.

"If you two see something you want feel free to take them." Rilitar said.

"As I said. Your too nice," Ayla said.

Rilitar just shrugged and asked, "So. Where are you heading after this?"

"Alavara," Ayla said.

Rilitar smiled and said, "Well tell her I send my regards."

Ayla smiled and said, "will do."

She then turned to Aredhel and Fingon. "We should get going."

The two elves nodded and followed her out of the store. Rilitar smiled and waved goodbye as they left. They both held the two things that they found. Aredhel held her music box and Fingon held the dagger which he planned to give to a friend. Well, if everything worked out he'll give it.