Chapter Three

The king just nodded as Fingolfin finished his tale. He started with Feanor forging the silmarils and how they came to were they are now. He did shorten it greatly and told him the more important things.

"That's quite a tale," Said Kolvar. "And that matches up with what our scouts reported when...Morgoth. I believe you called him escaped through our land."

"That it dose," The king said.

"Wait you let him pass through here?" Asked Fingon.

"Yes, but that's a question until after he answer one that's more important." The king said. "You want to know who we are? Well, we do not have the time to go through our history. Yet, I'll tell you as much as I can. The people of the city you see and any one you'll meet here underground beneath the Helcaraxë are not from the world you know. We are from a world that came before yours but that world was destroyed and recreated into yours."

"Our world was at war and dying. After the war a quarter of the people of it lost hope and fell into a deep dispare. Those leaders who still stood asked Eru to recreate the world so it could have a fresh start and those who could guide it. He chose to listen but he did not have the heart to destroy the people so he made the Helcaraxë for us as a new home." Kolvar said continuing. "He then destroyed the world and a while after recreated it with the help of the Valar as you call them."

"In short that's who we are," The king said. "Now I am sure you have questions"

They did but they were in to much shock to even begin. They were from a world before theres. They were living in the Helcaraxë from before the creation of the world they knew. How could the survive the harsh weather of the Helcaraxë? Why did their world die? Why did they ask for their world to be destroyed? To many questions but Aredhel was able to calm her thoughts and asked,
"Why was your world dying?"

"It was far to old and the people were losing hope. We knew it would do nothing it we just lingered. We hoped that by starting again the world could last but it seems that hope was wrong." Kolvar said.

"Why do you say that hope is wrong?" Asked Fingon.

"You just told us that your half-brother made an oath to retrieve something he made from a dangerous creature. From that they were exiled and they were part of a massacre which you were a part of. Then one of the Valar placed a curse on them." He replied. He did have a point their world was far from perfect. It was in a complete mess and state of choas.

"You are right. Our world is far from perfect but from the way you speak it seems you both know much more about the world and life then we do. Can I ask for your help?" Fingolfin asked.

"Our help in what matter?" The king asked. "We maybe able to help but first you must know what your doing. Let me ask you his, what do you plan on doing once you leave the Helcaraxë? Start a kingdom? Find your brother and his group? Fight Morgoth? What's your plan?"

Fingolfin opened his mouth but closed it. He had no clue what to do. In truth he had not thought that far ahead. He felt bitterness towards Feanor for abandoning his people and he knew those who followed him would feel the same. Maybe they could find a place to start a kingdom and then..he had no clue. "I do not know," He finally said.

"I can recommend something. Drop your bitterness you feel," Said Kolvar. "Yes, it's okay to feel emotion but the answer of what you should do maybe clearer once you let it go. Also, from what you told me it seems that Feanor is just as lost as you."

"What? What do you mean? How did you know I was even feline bitter?" Asked Fingolfin.

"I mean from what you told us your father just was murdered. Something precious to him that he must have put his heart and soul into was stolen. He has no one to guide him and all your Valar did was complain about things. He was lost and had no one to help him sort through his emotions. I know this and why you felt bitterness since I have been alive for far longer then your Valar. I have trained warrior after warrior, I saw kingdoms grow, and fall. I have been through times of war and times of peace. I can tell you this there is nothing new or suprising to me." Kolvar said folding his hands and leaning forwards slightly. His unnatural golden hazel colored eyes stared deep into Fingolfin.

"With that being said, you can think about what the best option is." The king said. "Now. While you think about what to do it seems to be that your people are in need to supplies, food, and most likely some of them a healer."

"Yes we could most certainly use those things," Said Fingon as his father sat there to think.

"We can spear those things with no trouble and all of you are welcome to stay here until you chose what to do." The king said.

"Thank you but why are you helping us like this?" Aredhel asked.

"We may prefer to keep to our selves when your world was created but we could not sit back and watch people be killed. That's why Ayla made stepped in and saved you." He said. He then looked up as a knock sounded on he door. A guard entered and came over to the king bending down and whispered something to him. He nods a bit and stood, "It would seem I am needed. Kolvar, if you please."

"I will handle it from here," Kolvar said with a nod. The king nods and gave the three elves his goodbye and led the room with the guard. The guard who stood by the door turned and walked out as well. The door closed behind them and once they were gone Ayla walked over and soon closer to the table.

"Now. It may take some time to gather everything together for your people. Until them Ayla can show you around the city and answer any questions you have." Kolvar said.

"Thank you once again and you'll have my answer about what to do later on." Fingolfin said.

Kolvar shool his head and said, "This choice requires time and patience. If you want I can discuss with you some advice I have while Ayla shows your children around the city."

"Yes. Thank you very much." He replied.

Kolvar nodded and said, "Not a problem. Before I do though I need to get orders together for what you'll need. So, if you do not mind walking with me we could start on that."

Fingolfin nodded and stood up. Kolvar turned to Ayla and said, "Maybe you can take them to Rilitar's shop and see if he has a bunch of Freifite pendents."

"Will do and don't worry I can deliver the message to Alavara about needing healers." She said.

"That would be very helpful," Kolvar said. He then turned to Fingolfin and asked, "Are you ready?"

"Yes," He said. Before he left the room he said goodbye to his children and told them he'll meet with them later tonight back were the others were.

Then they left the room and Ayla said, "Well I hope you two don't mind a tour of the city along with some quick stops."

"Not at all. Your city seems quiet amazing," Aredhel said.

Ayla smiled and said, "It is. Now let's go." With that she lead hem other the door.