s

My mind was still swirling from the fact that the man I met at a club had managed to find his way into my office. And I doubted that it was anything coincidental. I was absolutely taken aback at how confident he was when he first walked in. He came in like a man on a mission and he wasn't at all afraid of doing exactly what he wanted.

I didn't know why, but for a good few seconds, I knew I'd stutter if I were to say anything. How was I supposed to make conversation with someone who I had been fantasizing about ever since?

I knew I was the one who ran out on him after the steamy night we spent. I wasn't stupid. I knew all about the 'morning after' tradition. Nobody liked their one night stands to overstay their welcome and that was what I didn't want to do. I remembered waking up after a short nap and nearly freaking out that it was close to 7 in the morning. I had to leave soon. He'd wake up really soon and at the same time, I had work to go to.

It wasn't that difficult to find my way out of his hotel suite. It was the fact that he didn't leave my mind after that. I couldn't believe myself when I said I was still thinking about how he soaped me as I took my own shower that morning. I thought about how he never left any inch of my skin untouched, how his hands just knew to knead me where I needed him to the most. I frowned when I scrubbed my own hair, washing off all evidences of what I deemed the best night of my life. I had to stop thinking of him. He was only a passerby and I was never going to see him again.

So imagine my surprise when said man just so happened to appear in front of my face, kissing me the same way he did that night. I wished he wouldn't find out how just last night when I lied in bed alone, I was berating myself for not asking for his name. I tried to convince myself that it was for the best; and then he had to show up, ruining all coherent thoughts I had. He simply had the ability to disrupt my head and I had no clue why.

I had so many questions I wanted to ask. First and foremost, I had to know how he even found me in the first place. I was a 100% sure I did not in any way leave behind any of my belongings and neither have I given any hint to my personal life. He wasn't some kind of stalker or bounty hunter, was he? Because as cool as it sounded, it was still pretty creepy. I wouldn't exactly feel safe knowing he could so easily find me in a matter of two days in a city with eight million other human beings.

I looked at myself in the mirror, constantly touching the ends of my ponytail. My hair was perfect, or at least I'd like to think it was, yet I couldn't help but still make sure of it. I flattened my palms against the faint creases on my outfit desperately. What was with all these sudden nerves? It was just lunch, right? But does he even know what time to come? Was I supposed to wait in my office, the front desk or at the foot of the building?

Crap. I was overthinking things. I wasn't like that, ever. I was calm, composed and a woman with a mind of her own. I always knew what to do even under stress and had never once made any significant mistakes in my career. That was why I made Event Director at the age of 27. I was a capable and very much independent woman who shall not be affected by a man I briefly slept with. Yep. Right.

With that mindset drilled into my head, I walked out of the bathroom with my head held high as I normally did. I knew my co-workers, especially those who worked under me in my department, steered clear of me at work. I must've had this poisonous aura or something because nobody ever talks to me; they talk about me, behind me. I worked in this company since I was an intern and climbed my way up the corporate ladder in five years. It was also in this job that I made myself into this intidimating person that people were fearful to approach.

It was why I was mostly a loner. I haven't had anyone I could call 'friend' in a long, long time.

A tiny part of me was hoping that Ian, if I could call him by his name, would live up to his words and show up. God, I knew I was pathetic. The only lunch dates I ever have were with business clients. I missed the normalcy of simply having a meal with people I could gossip with.