i

The next time I woke up again, light was seeping in through the curtain slits. It was morning, possibly noon, and yet the room was still considered dark since everything was in the shade of black. I'd almost forgotten it wasn't my bed I was sleeping on until I felt an arm under my neck.

Ian was sleeping soundly, snoring softly even. He was lying on his back, his other hand covering his eyes as he slept. I couldn't help myself but turn my head and watch him as he slept. His lips were slightly parted and as creepy as it sounds, I had such strong urges to press mine against his. It wasn't weird to kiss someone as they sleep, right? Or was it? I didn't know.

I had no clue how much time passed before I gently sat upright on bed, not wanting to disturb him with my movements.

I reached out to grab my phone on the nightstand when Ian's phone screen lit up with notifications. I wasn't going to intrude his privacy but the name Sandy caught my eye.

Crap. It wasn't intentional. The screen just lit up and it was such awful timing and I...

Then she sent a new text, which I tried to force myself to glance away from but still managed to catch the heart and kissy emojis.

My heart was pounding inside my chest. What was I going to do? I was so curious and I felt like I really needed to know who she was to him. But it was wrong to sneak on people's phones, right? Especially when you'd only known that person for three days. It was crazy, disrepectful and every bit of paranoid. Yet I still pressed on the home button again.

His phone was locked, as expected, but his notifications all had previews. The two most recent texts on top were from Sandy which was only just sent seconds before.

Sandy: Heyyyy! You said you'll call but I haven't heard from you 😞 I miss you!
Sandy: Come over tonight 😘❤️ I can give you a reminder of what you've missed 😜

I re-read it exactly three times, slowly letting it sink in. I was already exposed to the fact that Ian had women, so it shouldn't be a surprise they would text him. But... these texts sounded like they were a recent thing. Was she someone he was sleeping with before me? If she was, I had no rights to be upset, do I? But how would I even know if he was going to stop seeing her or not?

I mean who was I kidding? I glanced back to steal a peek of his sleeping form. How could I ever think someone like him would settle for someone like me? I tried to find reasons for myself but there wasn't much I could convince. Meeting him in a club aside, I'd so easily given in to his sex appeal as I bet the other women did. I was probably just his new flavour of the week. Yet I basically told him I love him last night.

I fucking told him I love him. What was wrong with me?

Against my better judgement, my index finger slid his notifications down. My heart dropped. It felt so heavy in my chest that I had to press a hand over it.

There was more than just Sandy. Right below her texts were notifications from Snapchat. Whoever it was must've sent a sexy snap because she followed with a wink and a tongue emoji. Followed by a Sabrina on Instagram who was sending him DMs. Her messages were all written in long paragraphs and I couldn't read it all unless I could click into the app, but the sentences I could read pretty much said it all. She was asking when she'd be seeing him again and also giving him a heads-up that she'd bought new lingerie specially for him.

I wanted so bad to think these were just women who were throwing themselves to him; that it wasn't his fault his past flings were trying to slip into his pants again. But that'd just be naive.

He had three Tinder notifications informing him of his new matches. For someone who already had this many people queuing for him, he was still actively on dating apps matching with people. That was who he was. He was a womanizer, and why did I allow myself to think I could be any different to him?