14. We are the champions

There was a short interval before the winners of the competition were announced. "Short" my ass. Despite the fact it was the longest 15 mins of my life, we were eventually called back into the theatre.

"Ladies and gentlemen give a round of applause for our contestants!" The annoying teacher presenting said.

We were right at the back of the stage behind people so I grabbed Vic's hand in an attempt to stop mine shaking.

"First of all we are going to announce the runners up!" The man reeled off a list of names, disappointed people wandered off stage.

"And now for the main results!" I looked from side to side, seeing that there were only 3 groups left. Vic had let go of my hand and I felt his absence painfully, the desperation to snatch his hand back up was unbearable.

"In third place is....Of mice and men!" An applaud echoed across the room. Everything was slowed down, we were so close to winning. Some very lanky guys, Austin was one I think, left the stage still grinning.

"In second place is...All time low!" Jack and Alex fist pumped and beamed at us. Reality sunk in, we had won.

"Which means the winner is Pierce the veil!!!"

We were all looking at each other in complete shock and everyone started hugging one another.

"Congratulations boys!" The presenter said handing a heavy trophy to us. Everyone was cheering and confetti rained down on us.

"Thats all for tonight, thanks for watching everyone!" We were ushered off stage.

"YYAAAAASSSS" Jaime screamed when we got outside. "We did it, we did it." He started dancing around like a dork. The other guys started dancing and jumping around like idiots, so I joined in.

Suddenly some one cleared their throat behind us."Excuse me boys, you are Pierce the veil, yes?"

We all stopped dancing abruptly and attempted to look normal.

"Yup." Jaime said, turning out to be the most confident.

"Well, I am a member of the Fearless Records team, I was called here by your school to see if their students had potential."

We nodded eagerly, not sure why she was talking to us.

"You certainly do have everything we are looking for in a new band. Give us a call if you would like to give it a try." The woman smiled after handing Jaime a business card, and wandered off down a corridor.

"Um, guys, we could be famous." I mumbled.

Everyone was gob smacked and staring after the woman as if she was an angel sent from heaven.

"What the fuck just happened?" Mike gawped.

***

A/N: Short sorryyy but they next one should be eventful c;