ᵒ². ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʳᵃˢʰ.

*-.·∘,.·∘'.˚∙.·∘;.∘ '∘,
*.·∘ CHAPTER TWO: THE CRASH ˚∙.·∘
,∘' ∘.;∘·.·˚.'∘·.,∘·.-*

THE RAIN WHICH beat down upon the windshield was cold and hard like bullets. Tea's fingers were stiff as she wound them around each other, round and round. They pushed through her wet hair quickly before she held them to the car's radiator. That thing she'd seen in the woods... she'd never seen anything like it. A shiver ran down her spine as she thought of its many eyes watching her as they drove away.

          "Are you going to be okay?" asked Nancy Wheeler, eyes straying from the dark street to focus on Tea's shivering features. Her gaze was far-off, unfocused—Nancy worried that she may have hit her head or was suffering from hypothermia. "You look sick."

          Dorotea nodded mindlessly, rubbing her numb fingers together. "I don't know what's happening," was all she said, clearly not in the right mind to be processing so much. She was feeling so many things at once: a pounding in her head that she couldn't will away, pins and needles beneath her skin, and her peripheral vision succumbing to flashes of that monster once again. What the Hell is happening? God, her parents must be worried sick. She'd left without even telling them why.

         "Pull over," Tea managed, gripping the door handle hard. Nancy glanced at the girl and complied, stopping the car on the side of the road without another sound, so they were left waiting in the darkness pierced by the headlights of the Wheeler family car. Tea sat there quietly, only the ragged sound of her breathing filling the space around them. The world ached and blurred around her. Tea's lungs burned, she buried a distressed hand in her hair. She needed to go back to her parents. They must be so frightened. But with all that was happening... she wasn't sure who she was anymore.

         Nancy tucked a strand of her brown hair behind her ear, looking at Tea with rounded eyes and parted lips. "I know we only just met... but I've been through some crazy shit these last years. So, if you want to talk about anything, I'll understand." Tea glanced up at Nancy's pretty, round eyes, filled with sincerity. The lost girl pressed her fingers harder against the curve of her lips.

          "I don't know." It wasn't that Tea didn't want to tell Nancy, only that she didn't know what to tell. It was all jumbled in her head, twisted and turned like she'd been spun in circles. "I ran. Don't know why." She was staring, lost, at the dashboard. "Something is wrong."