ᵒ⁶. ʳᵉᵍᵃʳᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵇᵉᵃˢᵗˢ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵗʰᵉ ᵘᵖˢⁱᵈᵉ ᵈᵒʷⁿ.

༉˚*ೃ ᵒ⁶. 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍!

"𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓, 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 on a single second," said Steve sternly, holding out a finger towards Tea. He frightened Tea a little, so did Jonathan. Their faces were stern, eyebrows set in both confusion and determination, and they were eyeing Tea down as if it were an interrogation. Dorotea shrunk a little under their gaze. Her heart felt quick, sickening. "You're telling us that you've seen some monsters around?" Their gazes seemed to be picking her apart.

         "I— I didn't say anything," began Tea softly, her voice hoarse and a little small. She began to toy with her fingers again, twisting them round and round and popping the joints anxiously. The two boys were blocking any chance of her escape—stood in front of the closed doorway and the only exit.

         "Where have you seen them?" Jonathan interrupted next, cutting in before Tea could say another word. His tone was a little more pitched and a little more panicked. He was watching Tea with equal intent, eyes scrutinizing.

         Tea stared up at both of the boys with wide, rounded eyes, like that of a doe. "Um, I—"

         "Did it try to hurt you? Did it come from the lab?" said Steve before Dorotea even had the chance. "Jesus, this is bad." His hands flew up to bury in his thick hair, exasperation and stress written across his face. He had a decently handsome face, Tea thought, but it frightened her now.

         Her breathing was a little stiff, eyes wide. She grasped her hands in each other—tangling her fingers together and rapping her knuckles against each hand in a frantic tic. "I, uh, don't know— I— I just keep seeing it."

         "What did it look like?" Jonathan asked quickly, firmly, like he was trying to piece together a puzzle in his mind. He seemed to be a bit like Nance, in that way. "Surely you can explain what it looks like."

         His voice was making Tea experience high levels of stress. Her face felt pale. "It had hundreds of eyes, and it had no real face—just a... a giant mass of a head where— where any features should have been—"

         "How long have you been seeing it? Has it been following you?" It sounded a little like they were accusing her of bringing it here now, and Tea's chest was tightened. Has it been following me? Oh God, has it been following me everywhere? Are they going to hurt me for information? Where did that thought come from? Her wide eyes must have only reflected panic.