ᵒ⁴. ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵉᵐᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ˡᵒˢᵗ ᵍⁱʳˡ.

*-.·∘,.·∘'.˚∙.·∘;.∘ '∘,
*.·∘ CHAPTER FOUR: THE MEMORIES OF A LOST GIRL ˚∙.·∘
,∘' ∘.;∘·.·˚.'∘·.,∘·.-*

THE BLARING OF an old alarm clock ripped Tea out of her sleep and made her jump, legs tangling in the constricting blankets which had wrapped around her. Her wounds stung and burned at the movement, and she tried to fall still once again. Tea raised her head from where it was pressed into the pillow, hair a dishevelled and frizzy hair around her face from where she'd tossed and turned in the night. The sunlight through Nancy's pastel curtains where filling the room with a sunset-pink hue and Nancy's bedsheets smelled of roses and lavender. It was sweet, in the same way that reminded her of the flowery feeling of her home.

          Nancy slammed her dainty fingers down on the alarm clock, turning the sound which had startled Tea off. "Sorry, sorry," Nancy tried to reassure Tea, while grumbling at the time. She touched Tea's shoulder briefly before flopping back into her bed on her back. The girl groaned, shoving her hands through her messy curls of hair. She forced herself to sit up, rubbing her blue eyes. Tea glanced over at her. "I graduate in just over a month," Nancy explained, yawning into the back of her hands. She stretched her hands towards the ceiling, the pyjama top she was wearing riding up to just reveal a sliver of her pale stomach. Tea stared a little and then looked away. "So, I can't really afford to miss a day."

          Tea nodded, burying her hands in the pastel duvet and twisting it absent-mindedly around her wrist. "Oh. Okay." She wasn't fond of the idea of being in a strange house all day, alone. What if she saw the monster, and this time couldn't get away? "Is there... something I could do while you're gone?" Tea managed slowly. "Like, book that I could read, or a film that I could watch?" Anything to distract herself from the impending anxiety she was already preparing for. She joltingly tucked some of her hair behind her prettily pointed ears and looked up at Nancy with her heavenly chocolate and honey eyes.

          Nancy blinked at the girl and her pretty, pretty face, lost in her own train of thought for a moment—before she was torn back to reality and nodded quickly, eyebrows ducking inwards and a smile curling up at the corners of her lips. "Yeah, of course, of course." She ran a quick hand through her head and stood quite abruptly, leaving Tea sitting on the bed alone. "All my books are in that shelf—feel free to take any one you want. And there's a TV in the basement where my brother keeps his movies. Watch anything." The girl pushed another hand through her brunette hair before grabbing her things and ducking into the bathroom to get ready.