Peter is adopted

By seri-kun on Ao3
—————————————————————

Tony Stark had done a lot of crazy things in his youth and beyond the excusable age for immaturity and recklessness. It was always go big or go home, dress to the nines and have flashing lights all centered on him. He possessed a brilliant mind, a sizable bank account and enviable good looks (he also had the largest ego but he didn't denied that either). There wasn't really anything that stopped him from doing what he wanted and getting away with it.

All the beautiful and interested lined up for a night with Tony, all the parties to be at had his name on and he held the best technology expo in the world every year. He was Tony Stark and he was always on top of his game.

Though if there was anything that could be considered a weakness to Tony was his inability to be bested or to be more precise, his stubborn winning and arrogant attitude. It led him to a lot of sticky and dangerous situations – but nothing he couldn't handle (of course). Sure the attitude waned over the years from his new profession as Iron Man and as a founding member of the Avengers but to those closest to him (which was a very limited handful), there was just one crazy stunt that topped all the crazy stunts (Pepper swore it was crazier than the time he held a drunken party as Iron Man and nearly lost control (Tony insisted it was all part of his plan. (No one, not even Steve believed him.))).

During one fundraising gala, Tony couldn't recall which one since he'd been to so many (most of them drunk), he unknowingly adopted a son. And he'd forgotten all about it until Pepper brought the little boy – no more than four or five years old at the time – with his aunt (who was too young and too pretty for an aunt) a few days later.

"Is this part of a foundation?" Tony said when he first saw them in his living room. He was in his lab for quite sometime and Pepper called him up for something important, which frankly annoyed him. He didn't do well with kids, Pepper always made sure he wasn't near one, but he could think up of a few fun activities for the aunt and himself.

"No, Mr. Stark. This is your son," Pepper told him with enough satisfaction in her voice that Tony knew she wasn't actually making this up. And Pepper wasn't actually the type to joke about something like this, knowing it would probably kill her boss with a heart attack.

"What the –"

"Thank you so much, Mr. Stark!" The aunt who he would later find out was called May, cried. "I was so scared for Peter and I wish I could've been better for him but I...I just don't know what to do and they were going to take him away, I just couldn't let them – but Miss Potts said I could still see Peter and I'm just, so grateful to you, Mr. Stark! Thank you so much for doing this for Peter, for me – for us."

Tony blinked and blinked, actually speechless for once while his brain was extremely slow in processing the new information.

The boy stood in a baggy shirt, too long jeans and a pair of old sneakers. His hair was a mess and he was too thin, too pale and too big eyed. He looked like an alien, so foreign and the alarm bells in Tony's head were screaming danger.

"Right," Tony nodded curtly, surprised by how he managed not to stutter or scream. "Um. Uh. Pepper will uh, show you around. I have a meeting to get to. I'll see you later."

He made his hasty escape to his lab and screamed before falling into a comfortable chair to stare blankly at the ceiling. He had a son and said son's weeping (and hot) aunt was thanking him. Tony was pretty sure this was his biggest screw up, Pepper disagreed when she came down an hour later.

"I think this will be good for you," she said. "Teach you about responsibility and maturity."

"It's a tiny human, Pepper. Not a dog!"