Fan Squad

By bobafiend on Ao3
————————————————————
Peter was unamused.

Ned was laughing his ass off in the chair next to his, trying to stifle the noise with a jacket sleeve, but Peter was most certainly unamused.

Their chemistry II teacher had just made an announcement that the class would be going on a tour of Stark Tower! And Peter... Peter was unamused.

This was sure to be an embarrassing disaster. Since May's passing, Peter had been living in the penthouse of the tower as Tony's adopted son. The Avengers were practically his family and there was no way they weren't going to humiliate him on this trip.

Peter wondered, if he slid down far enough in his seat, would he sink directly into the floor? It's worth a shot.

His new angle gave him a view of Flash Thompson, also laughing his ass off, but with a very different energy.

"Hey Penis, you're about to get exposed!" The bully cackled.

Peter glared at the floor. It was not doing a very good job of swallowing him.

That afternoon, Peter made it to the parking lot with minimal disruption. He climbed into his jeep and waited for a gap in the traffic to pull out of his spot. He reminisced for a moment about the previous year when Happy would pick him up from school.

The boy chuckled a little to himself, his trips home have had a lot more pop music since Tony bought him a car.

When he arrived at the tower, F.R.I.D.A.Y announced him as soon as he walked through the door. Some of the other interns convinced her to do that a while ago for a continuous prank they pull, so Peter braced himself for the inevitable.

"PETER!" yep, there it was. The ear-shattering squeal of twelve college-aged girls.

They ran at Peter from all directions and tackled him to the ground shouting things like "I touched his jacket!" and "Peter, will you marry me?!"

Some time after his internship became real, most of the other interns realized he had much higher clearance than any other intern. Before they found out he was the boss's kid, they just assumed he was famous or something. Upon finding out the truth, they just started acting like he was actually a celebrity. It's all a joke of course, and a funny one too.

He won't admit it, but Peter likes the positive attention. Being tackled to the ground by a gaggle of smart and beautiful college girls isn't a bad gig either.

A short elevator ride later, the teen is knocking on the door to Miss Potts's office.

"Come in!" Pepper shouts through the door. Peter opens it to find her in her natural state. The CEO has a phone pressed between her ear and her shoulder as she rushes back and forth between her computer and a filing cabinet, talking rapidly about a budget disagreement.

When she sees that it's Peter at the door, she politely ends the call and walks over to give him a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Hey Pete, how was school?" She smiles sweetly.

"It was good! I got a perfect score on my calculus test!" He smiled at her. He didn't feel the need to mention Flash's antics.

"Congratulations! I bet if you tell Bucky he'll make some cookies to celebrate." She winked at him.

"Do you think he'll make the gooey caramel chocolate chunk ones?!" Peter jumped up and down at the prospect.

"Tell you what, you ask him nicely and if he says no then I'll try again for you." Peter had the coolest mom.