The Mafia Leader's Chicken Soup (Part 4)

Angelo and I were dancing to a pretty spicy song when the gunshots rang out. At first I thought it was part of the song but people around us started dying, which was totally not spicy.

"Fuck. It's The Voluminati!" Cried Angelo.

There was a sinking feeling in my stomach. There was something I felt like we both didn't know about them. Before I could open my mouth, Angelo threw me to the ground and shielded me with his body. He barked orders in Italics for his friends Luca, Lorenzo, Giovanni, and Susan to come get us.

"Gracie you must to. Get in the car. Don't wait for me!"

"Ok." I say as I rushed out and left Angelo in the club.

No matter how much I tried to shake it off, there was something that had been nagging at me ever since Angelo told me about the Voluminati. I knew there was something I was missing but I just couldn't figure it out. I didn't have to time to since The Fettuccine were yelling at me to get into the car.

The Mafia crew picked me up in their luxury Porsche and sped back to the mansion.

What a crazy night out.
———————————————————————
Me and the top Fettuccines sat around the table at the meeting room, discussing strategies to beat The Voluminati.

Luca had made a detailed pie chart of dinner options for the next month, and presented it to the crew who clapped in approval.

Next, Lorenzo contributed a floor plan to a bouncy castle that would help the Fettuccine. Everyone nodded approvingly.

Up next was Susan.
"So, I was thinking, that we may have an advantage over the Voluminati if we start mass producing more weapons, pitting smaller gangs against each other, and taking the north part of the city..."

All this boring talk about strategy was boring me, and evidently the rest of the Fettuccine agreed. Susan was promptly thrown out of the nearest window.

Giovanni was the next to speak. "What if we tamper with our own haircare products? That way, The Voluminati will be defeated since they can't get what they really want."

Murmurs of agreement rang throughout the massive room.

Luca's budding response was cut short by the door opening.

Angelo was back.
————————————————————————
It's around 3 am when Angelo returns. He's limping and covered in blood. In his right hand, he held a gun and his left hand was gripping a handcuffed bald man.

"Omg!" I cried. I'd only been in the Mafia for a short time but I have already picked up on some Italics.

The sight of the bald man caused The Fettuccine to release angry hisses.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"That is our rival. The rancid horror himself. The Squash in the harvest of sins. The pretzel in the bag of Chex mix. The leader of The Voluminati; Pântéñë."

I gasped in Italics.

As Luca and the others grabbed Pântéñë, I ran to Angelo. He looked exhausted, and seemed to have trouble standing.

"I'm fine," said Angelo, giving me a weak smile.

I swung one of his arms around my shoulder and wrapped my arm around his narrow waist to support him. He let out a hiss of pain but didn't move.

Slowly, I began to guide him up the marble stairs to his room. Angelo was panting heavily, and whimpered as if each step was painful.

As we passed the hallway, I heard a series of horrified screams.

"They're torturing Pântéñë," Said Angelo tiredly, his eyes half closed.

I caught sight of the mighty Pântéñë tied by ropes to a chair while Luca force fed him instant ravioli from a can.

"No please!" The once powerful gang leader yelled. "Please make it stop! I'll do anything. I'll tell you anything."

"You better," growled Luca savagely. "Or else you'll get the frozen pizza next."

The villain's screams rang throughout the massive house.
———————————————————————