⓿➌

Lady Stark has asked Vivian to draw a bath in Lyanna's chambers

Lady Stark has asked Vivian to draw a bath in Lyanna's chambers. Lyanna Stark had protested but ultimately her mother had won the battle.

"Will Sansa marry soon Vivian? She's old." The little six year old asked innocently while she splashed about in the hot water.
"That's not a nice thing to say about your sister Lyanna Stark. She might in the future but she's far too young for anything now." Vivian Snow answered. The handmaiden was finishing in massing the shampoo into the Stark's brown waves.

"Oh that's good. The people in armour were talking about being in her bed. I don't think Sansa would like to share her bed." Lyanna pressed on.
Vivian's mouth dropped at the child's words and she quickly regained her composure. She knew exactly what the guards had said from Lyanna's confused words.

The bedding ceremony was a horrible tradition unless you were in happy marriage. There wasn't many of those around even throughout the seven kingdoms though.
"They.. they just meant that they would keep her safe from harm while she slept." Vivian lied through her teeth to the child and used an empty pail of steaming water to rinse the sweet smelling soap out of her hair.

Vivian helped her out of the tub and wrapped a soft robe around her small body. Vivian was the handmaiden of the young Stark. She was only ten and five name days old but she did love Lyanna like her own. Vivian Snow was of course a bastard but nobody knew if she was from a titled family. With her flaming red hair and shining green eyes she'd reminded Catelyn of herself at that age. That's how she'd came to find employment by the Starks.

Lyanna Stark sat giggling loudly at the stories Vivian told her. Vivian had grown used to her habits and knew the stories were the only thing that made her stay still.
"... Dragons used to fly proudly in the sky. They didn't breathe fire much unless there was a threat or they were told. The Targaryen's could control their dragons but unfortunately there's not many of either now." Vivian smiled sadly and ran the wooden comb through Lyanna's waves.

"Oh shoot. I wanted to ride a dragon." The little Stark sulked.
Vivian laughed gently holding the squirming child still and drying her brown locks with a towel.

"I'm sure you'd look graceful riding a dragon my lady." Vivian grinned at the sweet child. The handmaiden picked up an old white summer dress of Lyanna's with a brown pinafore. Vivian knew the girl would probably come back in a messy state, no matter what she found to do.

The handmaiden quickly did Lyanna Starks hair up into a loose braid at the side of her head. The braid was quite a southern hairstyle and Vivian had thought that it would suit the child's features well. Lyanna beamed up at Vivian and hugged her leg to thank her.

Lyanna dashed out of the room after pulling on her old pair of shoes. The sweet Stark skidded to a stop halfway down the corridor and shouted a "thank you!" back once she realised she hadn't.
"Your welcome!" Vivian smiled. She called out of the door even-though she knew the girl wouldn't hear. Lyanna would probably already be halfway up the corridor and wandering around.