⓿➎

There was a feast to be held at Winterfell

There was a feast to be held at Winterfell. The feast was to celebrate the royal family visiting and King Robert's proposal. The king had asked Lord Stark when they were in the crypts. The conversation had consisted of talking about their times together as children and their offspring. King Robert had brought up the likeness that little Lyanna Stark had to her namesake and Lord Stark agreed that they were shockingly similar. Down to the sweet Stark child's stubborn spirit and the way that she believed she could change the way people were. The other news was that Prince Joffrey and Sansa Stark were to be betrothed. The concept was to unite both house Stark and Baratheon. The little dove couldn't wait to get her fairytale marriage but naive Sansa had no idea of Joffrey's true colours.

The sweet Stark child had chosen a special dress from her wardrobe. The dress was new and yet to be worn but Lyanna had insisted. The sweet Stark child had chosen the dress specifically for the red and gold Lannister colours. The dress had a golden sash at the middle for a belt, consisting of small embroidered wolves. The sigil for house Stark. The sash had been a present from Sansa Stark for her last name day and Sansa had embroidered small grey wolf sigils onto the golden material.

The feast had stated with the Stark family escorting a member of house Baratheon. It was an old custom but it was also to create some kind of show of unity. Ned Stark had escorted Lady Cersei inside, followed by King Robert escorting Lady Stark. The children of each house were then to escort each other into the large and bustling feast.

Robb had escorted Arya into the feast. The wild Stark had an expression of distaste on her face and everybody could tell she hated being presented like a lady. Sansa had a duty to escort Joffrey into the feast since she was his betrothed. Brandon had escorted Princess Myrcella into the feast with Prince Tommen escorting Lyanna.

Lyanna had held onto the prince's arm with the widest smile on her face, in awe that she was this close to a prince. Little Rickon Stark trailed behind them. The natural thing would have been for Rickon to be escorted by Tommen due to him being slightly older. Lord Stark had decided to pair Lyanna with Tommen instead, to avoid prejudice on a male child escorting another male child.

Lyanna had been forced to sit at the table with the ladies, much to her dismay. She'd begged her father to let her bring Eclipse to the feast and asked if they could sit with her brothers. The ladies always talked about embroidery and marriage. It definitely wasn't the sweet Stark child's scene. She much preferred to run around the courtyard playing with bow and arrows, or trying to copy Robb and Jon when they tried to teach her to ride.

Lord Stark had immediately declined and stuck with his reasoning that the wolves were already enough trouble. Ned didn't enjoy the thought of how much trouble they could cause with the royal family and he insisted that Lyanna sit at the ladies table. Lord Stark had gently explained to the child that she would grow up to be like the ladies and she must learn young.

Lyanna Stark had sulked her way over to the ladies table and had a mild sense of joy when she was sitting next to Arya. Lord Stark had decided to give the child some joy and just hoped he hadn't made a bad decision. They were trouble separately but together they were much worse. Lyanna was quickly learning Arya's mischievous ways. They could often be found tricking handmaidens into sweets or trying to ride their dire wolves through the forest.