⓿➏

A tense atmosphere had settled over Winterfell

A tense atmosphere had settled over Winterfell. The hunt had returned to news about Brandon Stark taking a fall. Brandon Stark had fallen while climbing and still not awoken.

Lady Catelyn still sat by his bedside and prayed that he would survive. Lyanna had been held up in her room all day and still sat sobbing. She had refused to see Brandon and had claimed that she didn't want to see him dead. Everybody had tried to coax her out, even John. He was usually her favourite but he'd received nothing to.

"I don't want to see him dead. I want Brandon back." Lyanna hiccuped and pressed her face into her covers.
"He's not dead, he's just sleeping. He'll wake up." Vivian tried to soothe the child. The handmaiden had been working at it all day, receiving no result. Lyanna still sobbed, her hair matted to her face from damp tears and her eyes puffy. She truly looked heartbroken.

"Stop lying to me! He's dead..everybody just lies in false hope." Lyanna yelled back and hugged her knees tighter. She knew she should act like a lady and be at his side. She should be caring for him, not this broken mess. She just couldn't bring herself to look at her still brother.

"He will wake up and he'll chase you around the courtyard for saying that. Our Bran is a fighter." A male voice interrupted. Vivian had opened the door for John to enter the room, in the middle of her shouting.
"I don't want to see any of you. Get out." Lyanna mumbled and glared at Vivian.

John noticed the look and was quick to intervene.
"Don't scowl, ladies don't scowl. Ladies keep their chin up and show their smile off to all the suitors." John teased.
"I don't want a suitor. I'm also not a lady." Lyanna scowled again but couldn't resist sticking her tongue out at him.

"You're definitely no lady. And I'll definitely miss that brave spirit of yours." John chuckled. He would miss all of his "siblings" but Arya and Lyanna were definitely close to his heart.
"Where are you going? You're leaving?" Lyanna was quick to turn and move over to him.
"I didn't get a chance to speak to you about it. I really am sorry Lyanna, I wish I'd had more time. I'm going to the wall." John offered her a sad smile. He truly would miss her.

"You're leaving me too! You're all leaving me. You can't— I need you here." Lyanna sniffled and her eyes began to cloud up.
"Don't cry. I don't want you to cry over me. I hear you're going on an adventure of your own." John frowned and bent to her level.

"An adventure? I can't leave Bran and mother. I know I didn't see him this morning but they wouldn't send me away- would they?" Lyanna panicked and grasped onto his arm. It gave her a strange sense of comfort, that he may be leaving but he was still here.
"You've done nothing wrong sweet sister. Mother and father decided to allow you to go along to Kings Landing. You can see all new people, learn new things.. It's a whole other place." John chuckled softly.

"But what about Bran? He'll be alone." Lyanna sniffed.
"He'll have mother all to himself. That's a very rare thing around here. He'll be up and walking soon I promise." John smiled and stood from his crouching position.
"I get to travel with the queen! Do you think we'll share transport? Or will she find me annoying?" Lyanna rambled. John smiled at her old self returning.

"I'm sure she won't find you annoying at all. I have something for you, something for you to remember me by. You must be careful with it." John warned and unveiled a sack from behind him. He set it in front of the eager girl.

Lyanna listened to his warning and carefully pulled out a smooth wooden bow. The strings were thick and taut, specifically sized for her.
"John I love it! Thank you!" Lyanna squealed and dived into his arms. John was quick to catch her, wincing at the contact with the thicken wooden bow and his head. It seemed she forget she held it.

"There's specially made arrows. Materials instead of animal feathers." John chuckled and kissed the top of her head.
"I'll miss you." Lyanna mumbled and pressed her face into his neck. John held her there for a minute and then gently set her down.

"Go and say goodbye to Bran. I'm sure he'll love your company." John smiled sadly.
"I'm scared..I'm scared to see him." Lyanna mumbled in a small voice. She had her eyes focused on the floor and twiddled her fingers together.

"I promise it's just like he's asleep. Come on, Vivian can pack your things for you." John smiled and lead her out into the hall. He'd tried to link their hands together but the height difference was hard.

"Can Vivian pack my special bow?" Lyanna mumbled.
"Of course she can. Come on. Go and tell Bran about your new bow. I'll come with you." John chuckled and walked to the tower with her.